Chest freezer choice???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big "A"

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have reached the inevitable point of wanting to keg! I love to brew but despise cleaning 40+ bottles every couple weeks. My SO has approved the use of a room for all my brewing stuff. I would like to have a chest freezer that I can have two or three taps and maybe two kegs in reserve.
If possible all working pieces fit inside. If not then I'll give up one of the spare kegs.

What size chest freezer will I need for this? I have searched out towers and tanks, basically all the other things needed. I just need to find the proper size freezer.
I will be going with a forward seal faucets.

Thanks in advance:mug:

I have a 7.5 CU ft GE freezer I can fit 3 kegs and my 10# tank in it. If you want to put more in it your going to want to get a bigger freezer. I wish I had a bigger one so I could lager in it as well but I couldn't pass it up for 150 bucks at sams.

Here's a 10 cu. ft. Amana. That's a 3 gallon corny on the compressor hump.

LagerFreezer1.jpg

Here's a 20 cu. ft. Frigidare.

KeezerAlmostFull.jpg

Yeah, you want to be careful. The cheaper and smaller units get pretty restrictive and for a few bucks more, you can get a larger freezer. 10 cu. ft. is a very good and flexible size. Put some 1x4 wood in the bottom to keep your fermenters up off the floor and allow some circulation around them.

Back