Chemical or soapy taste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cknittle

Reaction score
It's bottled my first brew. Tasted my hydrometer sample and it had a bit of a chemical or soapy taste to it. Overall the flavor was ok at best, but the soapy flavor is hard to miss. Any ideas of what it could be?

cknittle said:
It's bottled my first brew. Tasted my hydrometer sample and it had a bit of a chemical or soapy taste to it. Overall the flavor was ok at best, but the soapy flavor is hard to miss. Any ideas of what it could be?

First place to look is sanitizing and cleaning process, what was used and how well it was done:)

Your beer is to green to start diagnosing off flavors, It's not ready yet.
Give it 4-6 weeks in the bottles then try it again.

You will be amazed on how much better it will be.

I wish I could RDWHAHB, but I dont have any home brew yet. I'll just let it sit, no problem. All the equipment is brand new and everything was washed then sanitized with starsan.

Back