cheese making kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason81

Reaction score
looking to get started into some cheese making and was wondering what all is included in the kits sold at homebrew supplys? would i be better off buying a kit or buying the rennet, calcium chloride, etc,.. separatley?

I've enjoyed the mozzarella kit from Austin homebrew supply. It was pretty cheap too, if I recall, enough to make 20 batches.

I bought one of the cheese making kits. I doubt I'd buy it again. It has a cheap thermometer, a cheap cheese mold, a booklet with several recipes, cultures, rennet, calcium carbonate and cheesecloth.

If I was to do it again, I would buy the ingredients separately. I didn't use the thermometer, I used my probe thermometer. I don't think I'll use that mold, I'm going to make a press for other cheeses, and a colander would work fine.

I did a couple posts on my blog about the cheesemaking kit and my cheesemaking experiences so far if anyone is interested. Link in sig block

Back