Cheers to Philly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
I went out in Philly over the weekend, for my first time. I have to say, it was much more laidback and compact than NYC. In 8 hours I was able to hit Ludwig's, Monk's, Nodding Head, Eulogy, and Triumph. The areas we hung out/stayed in were awesome too. It was some great beer in a great city. I can't wait to go back some time soon :mug:

I miss Philly sometimes. Most of the city is s@#$, but there are some great places to go out and it always seemed less intimidating than NYC, but with plenty of atmosphere.

I went to Temple.... and I have to say:

Philly (like most cities) has good areas and bad areas... the bars you hit up are in ok sections, nearby are some shady spots i'd avoid, but all in all, those are some great bars with great beer selections!

Glad you enjoyed it, I wouldn't mind bar hopping those bars again.

Swmbo's dtr goes to St Joes. We've gone there a few times and had a great time. If there was a Gino's near me I'd weigh 800 lbs.

A buddy and I were planning on going to Philly for the Sox series and the bastards already have them on a freakin' lottery!

Soulive said:
I went out in Philly over the weekend, for my first time. I have to say, it was much more laidback and compact than NYC. In 8 hours I was able to hit Ludwig's, Monk's, Nodding Head, Eulogy, and Triumph. The areas we hung out/stayed in were awesome too. It was some great beer in a great city. I can't wait to go back some time soon :mug:

How did you like monks? Was it not the most awesomest place on earth?

BraeHaus said:
nearby are some shady spots i'd avoid

..dunno if I have ever been to a big US city that you can't apply that same description.

Course, I know I have been to plenty of US cities that don't have anywhere near as developed a beer culture as Phila. They don't call Phila "Brussels USA" for nothing!

paulthenurse said:
Swmbo's dtr goes to St Joes. We've gone there a few times and had a great time. If there was a Gino's near me I'd weigh 800 lbs.

A buddy and I were planning on going to Philly for the Sox series and the bastards already have them on a freakin' lottery!

I went to the Phillies-Sox game at the Vet in 2003 when the Sox won something like 13-12, it was such a great time. But now that they have the new park, tickets are a lot harder to get.

Back