Cheers to Philly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Soulive

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
4,266
Reaction score
27
Location
The Middle of NJ
I went out in Philly over the weekend, for my first time. I have to say, it was much more laidback and compact than NYC. In 8 hours I was able to hit Ludwig's, Monk's, Nodding Head, Eulogy, and Triumph. The areas we hung out/stayed in were awesome too. It was some great beer in a great city. I can't wait to go back some time soon :mug:
 

Professor Frink

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
3,100
Reaction score
31
Location
Beacon, NY
I miss Philly sometimes. Most of the city is [email protected]#$, but there are some great places to go out and it always seemed less intimidating than NYC, but with plenty of atmosphere.
 

brauhaus

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2007
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
10
Location
Susquehanna Valley, PA
I went to Temple.... and I have to say:

Philly (like most cities) has good areas and bad areas... the bars you hit up are in ok sections, nearby are some shady spots i'd avoid, but all in all, those are some great bars with great beer selections!

Glad you enjoyed it, I wouldn't mind bar hopping those bars again.
 

paulthenurse

Fecal Transplant Super Donor
Joined
May 14, 2007
Messages
12,027
Reaction score
2,013
Location
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah
Swmbo's dtr goes to St Joes. We've gone there a few times and had a great time. If there was a Gino's near me I'd weigh 800 lbs.

A buddy and I were planning on going to Philly for the Sox series and the bastards already have them on a freakin' lottery!
 

Ryan_PA

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2006
Messages
1,878
Reaction score
22
Location
Wayne
Soulive said:
I went out in Philly over the weekend, for my first time. I have to say, it was much more laidback and compact than NYC. In 8 hours I was able to hit Ludwig's, Monk's, Nodding Head, Eulogy, and Triumph. The areas we hung out/stayed in were awesome too. It was some great beer in a great city. I can't wait to go back some time soon :mug:
How did you like monks? Was it not the most awesomest place on earth?
 

brewt00l

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2006
Messages
3,725
Reaction score
16
Location
Doylestown, PA
BraeHaus said:
nearby are some shady spots i'd avoid
..dunno if I have ever been to a big US city that you can't apply that same description.


Course, I know I have been to plenty of US cities that don't have anywhere near as developed a beer culture as Phila. They don't call Phila "Brussels USA" for nothing!
 
OP
Soulive

Soulive

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
4,266
Reaction score
27
Location
The Middle of NJ
Ryan_PA said:
How did you like monks? Was it not the most awesomest place on earth?
Yeah man, that placed ruled. I was able to get me some Fantome :ban:
 

Professor Frink

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
3,100
Reaction score
31
Location
Beacon, NY
paulthenurse said:
Swmbo's dtr goes to St Joes. We've gone there a few times and had a great time. If there was a Gino's near me I'd weigh 800 lbs.

A buddy and I were planning on going to Philly for the Sox series and the bastards already have them on a freakin' lottery!
I went to the Phillies-Sox game at the Vet in 2003 when the Sox won something like 13-12, it was such a great time. But now that they have the new park, tickets are a lot harder to get.
 
Top