Cheapest way to move to kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keg 5 gallon
co2 tank
regulator
gas hose and clamps
bare min hose and picinic tap

look at craigslist, thinking ya should be able to get started for about 150 if ya find some deals.

+1 on CL. Keep an eye on it daily, and you will find exactly what you are looking for. :mug:

I don't keg (swmbo won't get on board) but I've seen tons of corny kegs, ect at the local scrap yard. Most looked like they just needed a good cleaning so you could try that for some ultra cheap kegs.

Ive also been quite lucky finding kegs at the local pub or resturant. Just call around and ask if they got any soda kegs they wanna get rid of..

Most places stopped using kegs and switched to boxes, and the venders never came back to pick up the kegs.

poislb said:
keg 5 gallon co2 tank regulator gas hose and clamps bare min hose and picinic tap look at craigslist, thinking ya should be able to get started for about 150 if ya find some deals.
Don't forget some way to refrigerate the keg!

I got a nice side by side fridge for $60 on CL. Running two taps on the fridge side and keep glasses, hops, ice cream, etc on the freezer side.

Good to go!

Back