Cheapest Suppliers for Common Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilis

Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been looking around at various websites for equipment that is pretty common for brewing, and as with anything else some have better deals than others on certain items. I figured it would be beneficial to compose a list of some of the most common equipment and the best supplier (cost vs quality).

Some of them I havnt found a great cost effective supplier for but Maybe you guys have. I can keep a running list and just update this post, but I would need help with gathering the information.

Weldless Dial Thermometer -

Mash Master

March Pump -

Austin Homebrew

Keggle False Bottom -

Midwest Supplies - $39.00 (includes stem)

Quick Disconnects -

McMaster-Carr
# 6739K64 - $6.01 (1/2" barb, 3/8" coupling - Female)
# 6739K59 - $1.75 (1/2" threaded, 3/8" coupling - Male)
(There are many different versions available.. IE. threaded vs barbed, size, and brass vs. stainless steel. It just depends on your brewing needs)

Temperature Controllers -

Ranco - Climate Doctors - $48.99
Love - Cole-Parmer - $49.00
Auberins
Pex Supply

Sight Glass -

Bobby_M

Ball Valves -

Discover Valve - 1/2" Brass $4.31
(this one has good deals on gas valves as well)
BuyFittingsOnline - Good source for SS valves and fittings.

Beverage / Wort Tubing -

MoreBeer.com - Silicone 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD - $2.10 / ft
Austin Homebrew Supply - Silicone 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD - $2.10 / ft
McMaster-Carr - #5233K5 Beverage Tubing 3/16" ID $0.16 / ft.

Copper Tubing -

coppertubingsales.com - 50' @ 3/8" ID = $36.63, @ 1/2" ID = $47.80

Wooden Mash Paddles -

Bottles

Faucets/Shanks and Misc Draft Equipment

Superprod.com

Keggle Brewing
McMaster-Carr Keg O-Rings
-#9396K74 - size 109 - $9.44 for 100
-#9396K24 - size 111 - $10.71 for 100
-#9396K926 - size 417 - $7.88 for 5

Yeast Culturing

Carolina Supply

( message me if there are more things that are pretty commonplace equipment that should be added, I will research all of the items and add links to the best vendor's I can find for the given item. I am at work right now so I will work on it when I have available time )

I would avoid ebay on this list at all costs since there is NEVER a steady and reliable source. Also, pricing will always be offset by people that snag a great deal on something now and then.

Your march pump will always vary. Forrest at Austin Homebrew has a price of 119 and is obviously much more reliable than ebay will ever be.

I would avoid ebay on this list at all costs since there is NEVER a steady and reliable source. Also, pricing will always be offset by people that snag a great deal on something now and then.

Your march pump will always vary. Forrest at Austin Homebrew has a price of 119 and is obviously much more reliable than ebay will ever be.

His is at 135 when I last looked, but then again I couldnt find one with just the pump.

The 2 vendors i have listed have have been selling those products for a long time, and are fairly reliable and almost always have stock.

well, Forrest's price is still cheaper then... 119 + 6.99 shipping... His standard price is lower than the Buy it now, and his shipping is lower...

o rly?!

orly_owl.jpg

That was only while it was on sale. The current price is back to $135.99+$6.99 shipping.

The difference is a the one I sell has a bracket and a cord. It should be more expensive. I will be adding a model without a bracket and cord because there are a few people that want it this way. I will also be adding a stainless steel model.

Forrest

I would agree with Forrest. After reading many posts regarding buying a march pump without a bracket, that was the #1 reason I got mine from AHB. Also, I have seen a number of people buy 809's on ebay that weren't actually 809s. Just my 2 cents on the subject...

i get all the stuff i can at kegkits.com, my buddy who i brew with knows the guy personally and has been in his store, great deals on almost all his stuff, we bought all our kegging stuff with him

A guy I found through e-bay consistently has home kegging stuff for less than I've been able to find elsewhere. He doesn't have a storefront but he might be worth contacting if you're looking for stuff on the cheap:

[email protected]

Perlick Faucets and Shank
PERLICK FORWARD SEAL FAUCET WITH SHANK @ Williams Brewing
$49.90

Silicon O-rings for Cornie Kegs
McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com)
#9396K74 - size 109 - $9.44 for 100
#9396K24 - size 111 - $10.71 for 100
#9396K926 - size 417 - $7.88 for 5

Stainless Coil for HERMS or Chiller (50' 1/2" OD)
McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com)
#8989K98 - $70.33 for 50 feet of 1/2 inch OD welded 304 tubing

Just bought the Ranco ETC-111000 temperature controler.

Although it is cheaper at Climate Doctors ($47.95), they charge $26 shipping to WA.

I got it from here: https://www.pexsupply.com ($48.95) instead as they only charge $9 shipping.

Hommel Homebrew

1/2" copper tubing for chillers and heat exchangers - $34.20/50' FOB seller
CopperTubingSales.com :: ICS Indsutries ::

Dip Tube O-Rings 9452K172 Pkg 100/$2.24
Post O-Rings 9452K23 Pkg 100/$2.77
Lid O-Rings 9452K218 Pkg 10/$12.50
McMaster-Carr

Tri clamps - $4.95
Stainless "T" - $17.30
Sanitary valve - $49.50
KLG Stainless

bump. I still think this should be a sticky.

Tri clamps - $4.95
Stainless "T" - $17.30
Sanitary valve - $49.50
KLG Stainless

They also have the cheapest ball valves available. Check him out on ebay, and email him for better pricing on larger orders.

Kegconnections.com has Perlick 525SS + all the stuff in Williams Brewing's $49.90 package, for a dollar less. Only difference is Williams Brewing's package has a knurled nut just behind the faucet; Kegconnections.com's is polished chrome. Didn't matter to me one way or the other.

$29.95 - Perlick 525SS
$2.44 - Black handle
$13.49 - 4" shank (3 1/8" usable stretch)
$2.94 - Tailpiece/washer/shank nut/stainless clamp
-------
$48.82

Just ordered four sets, plus pretty much all the rest of the stuff I needed to convert my freezer. Gas and beer line was a little more than can be found elsewhere, but not having to pay a separate shipping charge more than made up the difference.

Might want to get rid of the KegKits.com link and add KegConnection.com instead, to the faucets/shanks/misc. section.

Also, Cole Parmer has raised prices by quite a bit since they were first added. I bought a Love TSX-10140 last night for $59.73 shipped from Drillspot.com. I looked at a bunch of places and Drillspot.com was cheapest.

Back