Cheapest place for Cornie Kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atl300zx

Reaction score
What is the cheapest place for cornie kegs? i am looking to get 4. I found 4 with new o-rings for $132.97 shipped at Kegconnection.com

does anyone know of a cheaper source?

TIA

Atl300zx said:
What is the cheapest place for cornie kegs? i am looking to get 4. I found 4 with new o-rings for $132.97 shipped at Kegconnection.com

does anyone know of a cheaper source?

TIA

not sure what shipping to you would be,
but there is a guy in the Portland area that sells them on Ebay, and on
Craigslist, (2) for $35, plus shipping...

do a search on Ebay for Item number 300191014413
or here is his ebay profile http://myworld.ebay.com/stellarsellerinc/

they are
single handle (the best type in my mind)
ball lock
5 gallon

I wasn't able to find a better deal from a reputable source than kegconnection.com when I was looking.

thanks for the suggestion, that comes out to be about $1 more per keg and it doesnt appear to include new o-rings.

Thanks for the info on the single handle kegs. Are the handles wide enough to use two hands on? I already have a hard time getting the kegs in my kegerator as it is.

Check out the classifieds section. There's a member selling lots of them.

Adventures in homebrewing is currently selling cornies for $25. + shipping you just missed the $19 price by a few weeks.

O rings are cheap and easily installed yourself.

I have done business with these folks and have always been satisfied.
They are very quick to ship and since they are located in NC or SC I forget which you recieve the kegs quickly as well.

here's their web site

http://www.homebrewing.org/Sale-Items_c_21.html

I forgot to mention about your single handle question.

They are not large enough for most men to get 2 hands in.

Rhoobarb said:

That's a great price! be sure to ask if they are single handle or double. Also find out if they are the Firestone type that have the plastic pressure relief valve housings.

Those old Firestones with the plastic pressure relief valve housing have some problems.

1. the valve housing usually are cracked or cracking.
2. I have had no luck at all finding replacements for them.

Adventures in brewing with shipping for 4 is just over $100. And even if i pay for new o-rings, it comes out to under $115.

I also sent a PM to the guy selling in the classifieds.

abracadabra said:
... be sure to ask if they are single handle or double. Also find out if they are the Firestone type that have the plastic pressure relief valve housings.
They are double handled. Snakebone just got his last week and I saw them over the weekend. I think there is a mix of pressure relief valves. I've got both and never had a problem with one over the other.

abracadabra said:
... I have had no luck at all finding replacements for them.
Can't you retrofit them with one of these?

Back