Cheapest kegs so far

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey chill out dude and have a couple brews!
I'll not pass on any more good deals, (just to my PM friends) there make ya happy, enjoy your kegs or be it a keg?

Yes, buried somewhere in your first couple of posts was a recommendation to purchase kegs from CHI. I'm not sure it was a "good deal," but it's appreciated if it was.

However, evry subsequent post from someone who purchased from pedalbiker has a reposnse from you about how they should have purchased from CHI. It's fairly pointless and irritating.

http://www.kegglebrewing.com/Four-Non-reconditioed-Kegs-40as-is41-_p_143.html

I found these kind of hidden on the kegglebrewing.com page, $50 for a four pack. With shipping, it works out to right at about $20/keg shipped. I threw in new o-rings as well, though not sure if they're necessary that added a bit to the price. But this is the cheapest I've been able to find. It's called the homebrewtalk set as well. I'll try and follow up once I receive them. I've ordered from here before with good results, too...

They're a tad more expensive now--$85 for four, plus shipping. Still, about the best price I've found out there. Ordered last week, received yesterday--they may as well be reconditioned; all 4 holding pressure, and *very* minimal cleaning required. There were new O-rings for all of them, too, which I hadn't expected. All in all, I'm pleased. :mug:

My $.02. YMMV, NAYYY.

--Misha

I got 4. Only 3 held pressure, no new o-rings on them (expected, they weren't even o-rings on the dip tubes but rather homemade gaskets), they were quite dirty (expected), and one of them had a frozen long dip tube that I had to destroy to get out. They cleaned up fine. Still a decent deal but the leaker and the frozen dip tube made it not quite as good. But I asked via e-mail if I could specify Cornelius-brand only and he complied, so that was nice.

I've ordered kegs from insco and pedalbiker before. The first set of 4 I got from pedalbiker were the polished/refurbed ones and were very nice (he also let me specify Cornelius-brand only on that first order). I wanted all Cornelius-brand just for ease of stocking/interchanging replacement parts. If I had more Firestones I'd have asked for those.

They're a tad more expensive now--$85 for four, plus shipping. Still, about the best price I've found out there. Ordered last week, received yesterday--they may as well be reconditioned; all 4 holding pressure, and *very* minimal cleaning required. There were new O-rings for all of them, too, which I hadn't expected. All in all, I'm pleased. :mug:

My $.02. YMMV, NAYYY.

--Misha

Your $85 plus shipping vs Morebeer at $115 no shipping only 26 miles away we pick up sounds about equal in price. A couple of friends both purchased their 4 packs, all 8 were rather clean in very good condition no big dents plus hold pressure. All 8 came apart easy, drip tubes came right out for cleaning then new "O" ring replacements. Good at 8 for 8 with another 4 pack this weekend to be purchased and split plus a big grain buy split 3 ways call it or group fun road trip. This is our present left cost supply for us vs shipping from the right coast. Other LHBS are asking $39.95 to $43 each.

http://morebeer.com/view_product/18201/102291/Bundle_of_4_Unreconditioned_Kegs

I just order a bundle of 4 from morebeer.com at $115 with no shipping charge so it worked out to $28.75 which I am happy with

How would you rate your corny purchase in their condition?
They are all good so far at this end.

That's within a reasonable price range vs some of the other HBS that are in the $39 to $43 range each before tax locally. I know they purchased pallets full when the supply was coming an end they made over twice of what they paid for them I was told by one LHBS employee friend.
One small winery delivers their wine to restaurants in cornys instead of bottling a big savings for them and a smart move.

well I just ordered them today and they will be here next week. They are not reconditioned, but they are tested for leaks and also that the poppets work which is really the only thing I care about. Replacing gaskets and whatnot is not a big deal to me.

A lot of places probably can match the price or even beat it, but when the shipping comes into factor it doesn't make sense for me to order anywhere else

My LBHS sells the kegs for $50, so I am basically buying two and getting two free (especially after sales tax of 8.1% for NV purchases)

well I just ordered them today and they will be here next week. They are not reconditioned, but they are tested for leaks and also that the poppets work which is really the only thing I care about. Replacing gaskets and whatnot is not a big deal to me.

A lot of places probably can match the price or even beat it, but when the shipping comes into factor it doesn't make sense for me to order anywhere else

My LBHS sells the kegs for $50, so I am basically buying two and getting two free (especially after sales tax of 8.1% for NV purchases)

Wow $50 do I hear $60? LV well your not too far off vs across the country.
We're at 8.75% sales tax. It really sucks some out of state places charge sales tax and just pocket this money. I buy a lot from a automotive parts a company in Az. free shipping on items over $50 plus no sales tax. Delivered within three days plus OEM parts less than 1/2 of stealers price.

Back