Cheapest kegs so far

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noblesquirrel

Reaction score
http://www.kegglebrewing.com/Four-Non-reconditioed-Kegs-40as-is41-_p_143.html

I found these kind of hidden on the kegglebrewing.com page, $50 for a four pack. With shipping, it works out to right at about $20/keg shipped. I threw in new o-rings as well, though not sure if they're necessary that added a bit to the price. But this is the cheapest I've been able to find. It's called the homebrewtalk set as well. I'll try and follow up once I receive them. I've ordered from here before with good results, too...

I've bought all my kegs from him (I have 10) but they were reconditioned. His name is Terry and he's about 15 minutes from where I work. Very friendly and nice to deal with.

Good Deal!

A little late now, but you can get o-rings from McMaster for supercheap....Mine were ~$22 with shipping for 100 post o-rings, 100 diptube o-rings, and 10 lid orings:

1 9452K172 BUNA-N O-RING, AS568A DASH NUMBER 109 100 pack - $1.96

2 9452K23 BUNA-N O-RING, AS568A DASH NUMBER 111 100 pack -$2.15

3 9452K218 BUNA-N O-RING, AS568A DASH NUMBER 417 10 pack - $12.69

Merchandise Amount: 16.80
Shipping Charge: 5.25
Invoice Total: $22.05

Are they guaranteed to hold pressure? I realize they aren't reconditioned, which is fine. But if they don't hold pressure what's the use? The "as-is" makes me wonder.

Are they guaranteed to hold pressure? I realize they aren't reconditioned, which is fine. But if they don't hold pressure what's the use? The "as-is" makes me wonder.

Right, if they're guaranteed to hold pressure, great. If not, all you need is one bad keg, and you would have been better off buying elsewhere.

I emailed them about if they hold pressure and this is the answer i got.

"They are rinsed out and pressure tested. They will need cleaned and new orings"

$25 shipping to me, sounds like a heck of a deal.

I got my order in today and they came holding pressure. I ordered o-rings with them and he threw in a couple extra sets. He even sent a green and a blue keg with 2 blacks. Very satisfied and well worth it if you get a decent shipping rate:mug:

Yep, I would have ordered if it wasn't for that. I can't see how it cost them that much, must just be the calculation they use in their ecommerce site.

CHI Company had a sale on them for a couple years and rather cheap from Antelope, Northern Calif. just northeast of Sacramento off HW 80. Over my six orders of 4 packs they ranged from $68 to $72 shipping included. I believe the parties over for cheap corny's and kegs unless you live close with the right prices.

I ordered from CHI a month ago and it was $120 shipped for 4. Their website said they gained access to 1000's of kegs in November, but now they show that they're sold out.

Out of the 16 I ordered last year I only had one that wouldn't hold pressure it has a small split in the seam I didn't bother to contact Terry . I just found it as I was rotating the kegs . So each keg cost me a little over 13 $ since shipping was cheap as I live pretty close.I can live with that and they are sold as is

Out of the 16 I ordered last year I only had one that wouldn't hold pressure it has a small split in the seam I didn't bother to contact Terry . I just found it as I was rotating the kegs . So each keg cost me a little over 13 $ since shipping was cheap as I live pretty close.I can live with that and they are sold as is

The key word by the seller, "as is" they're off the hook plus you get what they ship and keep what's shipped. I had one corny that arrived unpressurized from CHI, the lid was twisted out of shape, Matt shipped me a complete spare lid not a stripped down lid only which he could of done plus added an "O" ring kit free within two days. This plus only app 113 miles away, see why I trust his great business practices as well i'm a repeat customer? Matt's also a HBT member if he has time to answer being a busy person. A down to earth person on the phone also, I wish a few local HBS were run like his business.

The key word by the seller, "as is" they're off the hook plus you get what they ship and keep what's shipped. I had one corny that arrived unpressurized from CHI, the lid was twisted out of shape, Matt shipped me a complete spare lid not a stripped down lid only which he could of done plus added an "O" ring kit free within two days. This plus only app 113 miles away, see why I trust his great business practices as well i'm a repeat customer? Matt's also a HBT member if he has time to answer being a busy person. A down to earth person on the phone also, I wish a few local HBS were run like his business.

Terry AKA pedelbiker is also a vendor here. If I paid for the refurbished ones I am sure one email to Terry and another would be on its way. Even with shipping I am around 15$ per keg maybe less for the 15 that hold pressure. And I will find a use for the other was toying with 3 windshields for the burners on the new rig or one of those flash water heaters . I was even toying with making a Coal or wood flash heater out of it... I'm a sick puppy:D

Terry AKA pedelbiker is also a vendor here. If I paid for the refurbished ones I am sure one email to Terry and another would be on its way. Even with shipping I am around 15$ per keg maybe less for the 15 that hold pressure. And I will find a use for the other was toying with 3 windshields for the burners on the new rig or one of those flash water heaters . I was even toying with making a Coal or wood flash heater out of it... I'm a sick puppy:D

Clean out that leaking area and solder it shut with low or lead free solder and use it as your cleaning solution container. I have 24 ball locks with one odd Coke pin lock with several pin lock connectors, this will become my cleaning solution tank. No way to mix up StarSan into my tapping system.
Sounds like you did good overall as i've heard in the past about "B" rated corny's with lose ends or the rubbers been weather beaten and all full of cracks and brittle. I have one Pepsi corny given to me the top has been cut off right at the top rolled weld, I use it with the IC coil inside plus add the well garden hose to flood it for a chiller. Waste not.

I got my order in today and they came holding pressure. I ordered o-rings with them and he threw in a couple extra sets. He even sent a green and a blue keg with 2 blacks. Very satisfied and well worth it if you get a decent shipping rate:mug:

How long from order to arrival? Did you get a shipping confirmation email? I ordered on tuesday and haven't even received a shipping notice yet... had plans for those kegs this weekend too. :mad:

Terry (pedalbiker) is a great guy. I've stopped in and bought things off of him a few times and he always has time to talk. His kegs are great and so is his customer service. If only I had seen this deal earlier.

Good Deal!

A little late now, but you can get o-rings from McMaster for supercheap....Mine were ~$22 with shipping for 100 post o-rings, 100 diptube o-rings, and 10 lid orings:

1 9452K172 BUNA-N O-RING, AS568A DASH NUMBER 109 100 pack - $1.96

2 9452K23 BUNA-N O-RING, AS568A DASH NUMBER 111 100 pack -$2.15

3 9452K218 BUNA-N O-RING, AS568A DASH NUMBER 417 10 pack - $12.69

Merchandise Amount: 16.80
Shipping Charge: 5.25
Invoice Total: $22.05

I placed that same order last week :)

MANY vendors sell "as is" kegs. The difference between all of those other vendors and Keggle Brewing's "as is" kegs? I've never seen a description besides this one that mentions "Kegs are as is with good top and bottoms good lid and poppets"

There is something odd about this deal. As far as I can tell, it is not available by navigating their site. The lowest cost four-pack has loose top or bottoms and sells for $75, they are in stock unlike the $50 deal. Searching for the item ID HBTKN4 turns up zero results. It is going to be my guess that we will not see these "in stock" again for this price.

I placed that same order last week :)

MANY vendors sell "as is" kegs. The difference between all of those other vendors and Keggle Brewing's "as is" kegs? I've never seen a description besides this one that mentions "Kegs are as is with good top and bottoms good lid and poppets"

In this case of 1 out of 16 cornys purchased with one that leaks they neglected to mention any words of the corny's SS bodies if they had passed a leak test rather rare even with all bashed in corny's still seal. Top lid sealing areas dented or wavy can be straightened or a leaking lid. I have a couple "AS IS" chebbie engines holding floating docks in position at the families property, "some rust on the surfaces, good used engines as is". They've been put to good use for 15 years so far, only minor rust.

In this case of 1 out of 16 cornys purchased with one that leaks they neglected to mention any words of the corny's SS bodies if they had passed a leak test rather rare even with all bashed in corny's still seal. Top lid sealing areas dented or wavy can be straightened or a leaking lid. I have a couple "AS IS" chebbie engines holding floating docks in position at the families property, "some rust on the surfaces, good used engines as is". They've been put to good use for 15 years so far, only minor rust.

You mentioned working with CHI and complaining about their "as is" keg selection. The quote I was providing was from the company mentioned by the OP to show that not all "as is(are)" kegs are in the condition yours were in. As for the rest of your post, I'm not quite sure of its relevance to the topic.

Different people have a different interpretation of the word or meaning of an item like "as is". Mine that must of went over your head was my interpretation of a good chebbie motor only slightly rusty, LMFAO on that one. All in the interpretation. Sorry to of confused you with my reply.

I was the one who got the keg that didn't hold pressure and I am OK with it. Sure A I could have bought the the non reconditioned kegs and spent 10 bucks more per keg. The kegs I bought were 12.50 each it was a great price and I am a 100% satisfied customer. Just the spare parts from the keg are worth what I paid. When I buy something as is I know the risks and I take a chance.

I will find a use for it.

Got my kegs last week (3 various Cornelius-type kegs, one Firestone VI). All arrived holding pressure. I won't be getting my CO2 and regulator until next week (to really test them), but my first impression of KeggleBrewing is definitely a positive one.

I got 4 a couple weeks ago, three different varieties. Two of them were absolutely filthy, but after some scrubbing in the bathtub, no big deal. Unfortunately, even after replacing all the gaskets, only two of them hold pressure.

I had a 95.83% success rate on cleaned shipped and pressurized cornys that became 100% within 3 days with a complete replacement lid shipped to me free. This says a lot about the supplier with a quick replacement lid no screwing around i'm at 100% with 24 shipped corneys now. I know who has my future business even if a item might cost slightly more than others which I also find hard to believe.

I bought four of the "as is" kegs a couple weeks ago. they all arrived holding pressure great. I emailed him before i ordered and he said that they would all be tested to hold pressure before he shipped them. The only problem i have is that one of them is missing the plastic piece from the end of the lid lever. I'm very happy with them.

Those gray end caps can be had this is a common replacement item, good beans on your kegs with them shipped as holding pressure. No split SS body like one posting above, this should of been detected by a pressure check in a tub of water. Maybe this was too much of a bother with the seller vs lookingh to make faster money less labor?

Those gray end caps can be had this is a common replacement item, good beans on your kegs with them shipped as holding pressure. No split SS body like one posting above, this should of been detected by a pressure check in a tub of water. Maybe this was too much of a bother with the seller vs lookingh to make faster money less labor?

Dude, WE GET IT.

You found the best place in the world to buy kegs, and this isn't it.

Can you now leave this thread to those of us who have purchased from here, or *gasp* disagree with you and may purchase from here in the future?

We have never sold "as is" kegs. Always cleaned and sanitized from PepsiCo.
RE: Antelope, Ca. Terry C. is an ex business partner and started a co. in N.C.

Does anyone know pedalbiker's last name?

You mentioned working with CHI and complaining about their "as is" keg selection. The quote I was providing was from the company mentioned by the OP to show that not all "as is(are)" kegs are in the condition yours were in. As for the rest of your post, I'm not quite sure of its relevance to the topic.

Dude, WE GET IT.

You found the best place in the world to buy kegs, and this isn't it.

Can you now leave this thread to those of us who have purchased from here, or *gasp* disagree with you and may purchase from here in the future?

Hey chill out dude and have a couple brews!
I'll not pass on any more good deals, (just to my PM friends) there make ya happy, enjoy your kegs or be it a keg?

Back