Cheap vacuum pump for wine transfer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbig

Reaction score
I'm fairly new to the wine making side of things. Currently, I cold crash my wines and they come out nice and clear, but it would be nice to be able to get them extra polished since I have started giving some away. Also, even when just transfering wort or wine, it would be nice to have both containers up on a counter instead of working off the floor with one.

I've decided on using a whole-house style filter.. 1 micron for whites and 5 micron for reds... and need a decent economical option for a vacuum pump that works well, but not so well that it implodes a carboy. Any and all links/suggestions are welcome.

In the future, I'll probably spring for a better filteration system if I get serious enough about wine making, but looking for something that does a "Pretty good job" for right now.

Look on ebay for an aspirator pump. I use one with a house filter and it works great.

schuco_130_lg.jpg

Well, nice, but not so much cheap. lol. The model you show lists for over $300.

Not currently that doesn't look like it's been run over 4 times, :D but I'll keep an eye out if nobody comes up with a better option.

There's a unit called an all in one pump that was referred to me recently. You can put an in line filter in it as well. I'm about to purchase one and was actually looking for some feedback before purchase. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I looked at those all-in-ones. Nice, but sure not cheap.

There's a unit called an all in one pump that was referred to me recently. You can put an in line filter in it as well. I'm about to purchase one and was actually looking for some feedback before purchase. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've never used it, but I've never seen anyone on the wine forums say a single bad thing about them.

Back