CHEAP upgrade for Danby Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hang my temp probe in the air in the middle of the kegerator.Not to concerned about thermal mass and things like that.Its not yeast,beers always nice and cold.That one has an alarm.That would drive my crazy on a kegerator.I keep the differential at 4 deg to keep the compressor from kicking on and off to often

I have a danby fridge. After having the temp controller flake out and freeze my beer, I decided to go with the Inkbird. I ran my temp sensor to the light fixture and it hangs out the back. Works great.

How do you plug the fridge into this controller? Also, how did you mount the controller? Do you have pictures of the setup?

I am brand new to kegging and am setting up my Kegerator

I mounted the unit i n a project box I got off Amazon. I wire two outlets to it, on for cold and one for warm. I plug the fridge into the cold outlet. I don't have any pics but there is lots of info on this site from guys who did it. It was way easier than I expected. You just connect two wires together to completely bypass the internal controls.

I mounted the unit i n a project box I got off Amazon. I wire two outlets to it, on for cold and one for warm. I plug the fridge into the cold outlet. I don't have any pics but there is lots of info on this site from guys who did it. It was way easier than I expected. You just connect two wires together to completely bypass the internal controls.

Sounds like the next step in my kegging process

Oh BTW I discovered a new issue today. I opened the door and my breaker tripped. Turned out the bulb was shorting out the circuit somehow when the door switch gets opened. Took the lightbulb out and solved the problem.

You've got a light inside your danby kegerator ?

kegeraor.jpg

Latest posts

Back