Cheap source for 0.5 micron 10" filters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good source for 0.5 micron (nominal or absolute) filters that fit a 10" household water filter. Morebeer sells them for $18 and that's way to much for me. I want to get back into filtering my beer and the 1 mircon spun filters I used to use weren't sharp enough to remove all the haze.

Kai

I haven't seen any .5 micron ones much cheaper, you might want to spring for one you can clean and reuse. If anyone finds em pls post. I get my 1 micron filters from an aquarium supply for $2.99 (thats what they were last time I bought them)

I have not found them much cheaper either, but I back flush mine after each use, then flush some starsan through them, then cover them lightly and allow them to dry out. I back flush once more with starsan, just before the next use, and so far I have had no problems with this method.

That's a good price for non-charcoal, 0.5 micron filters. It's almost worth while springing the $80 for a ceramic and doing two-stage filtering, if you plan on doing many batches.

Back