Cheap Glass Carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered one last week. There was a thread on here a couple months back where some other guys bought them. Everyone seemed to be happy with it.

Thanks! I actually have this exact one from my LHBS that I paid $42 + tax, and I love it. Just ordered another one from amazon. Gotta love free shipping. Plus, this gives me an excuse to make a nice big beer and age it over the summer without tying up my regular carboy!

I bought 2 of them in November. No complaints from me.

A lot of folks had trouble with them arriving broken and Amazon pulled them off the site. Must have gotten that fixed.

I did it on Subscribe and Save and got them for $24 each. Took about 2 weeks to show up.

I just ordered 2 of them... looks like I'll finally get out of the ale pails.

The question is... do I put off my next brew day until they arrive?

I ordered one on March 5 and it came in yesterday (March 16) so the wait time is much shorter than advertised. I can also say that they seem to have improved their packaging versus what people were reporting the last time they went on sale. Mine was packed something like this:
Carboy > wrapped in bubblewrap > inside a box > wrapped in more bubblewrap > surrounded by a lot of wadded up packing paper > inside a bigger box.

I got mine in 8 days... I'm psyched... putting them straight into service this weekend!

Still waiting for that corona mill to show up though...

Back