Cheap, easy, flexible 2-tier setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wi_brewer

Reaction score
Just wanted to share the 2-tier setup I built. Its flexibility allows you to be able to use a cooler as the mash tun or HLT, and a keggle as the other. Or keggles for both. I know, I could have just built one stand 3' tall and the other 6' tall, but I didn't want to have to climb up and down a ladder.

So, here are the 3 pieces I built. From left to right is a 4' stand, a 2' stand, and a 1' "booster".
fFAZLxW.jpg

Using the cooler as the mash tun you'd use the booster with the 2' stand, making your two stands 4' and 3' tall.

DUVgc12.jpg

Using the cooler as the HLT you'd use the booster with the 4' stand, making your two stands 5' and 2' tall.

Y0oZOJA.jpg

If you wanted to use converted kegs for both the mash tun and the HLT you'd just skip the booster. I only have 2 burners now, but you get the idea.

PqQsI7V.jpg

The whole setup cost $30 between 2x4's and screws. I already had the tops laying around. Let me know if there are any questions.

Used the setup for my first AG brew this weekend. Wish it wouldn't have taken me 3 years to move up from extract, it was fun!

6fcjeUi.jpg

Back