Cheap, easy all grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmaster89

Reaction score
M looking for a cheap and easy all grain recipe for my first all grain. I have a ton of recipes saved to brew later but I want to do a cheap on to learn with just so I don't waste money.

Looking now all grain and not partial or BIAB. Thanks HBT!

I recently did my first AG batch using BM's Centennial Blonde. Easy grain bill that produces fantastic results. Search "Centennial Blonde" for recipe.

5G
8# Pale 2-row
1# Crystal 20
1ozcascade 60
.5oz cascade 30
.5oz cascade 15

Use safale-05
ferment at 65F

Name it whatever you want, cause I just made it up. It's a session pale ale. It's like a younger sibling to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

I think it is just as easy to brew a blonde, a red, a porter, or a stout. Once you have the amount of the various grains you need crushed and in the mash tun, there isn't much difference. Brew what you like.

Problems with that may arise when using larger amounts of grains like oats, wheat, or rye because they make a stickier mash that is harder to lauter and sparge because they want to clog up the filter bed. If you were to change your mind about BIAB, those problems go away.

I think it is just as easy to brew a blonde, a red, a porter, or a stout. Once you have the amount of the various grains you need crushed and in the mash tun, there isn't much difference. Brew what you like.

Problems with that may arise when using larger amounts of grains like oats, wheat, or rye because they make a stickier mash that is harder to lauter and sparge because they want to clog up the filter bed. If you were to change your mind about BIAB, those problems go away.

I like all beer. :tank:

D_Nyholm said:
+1 this is a great beer and a easy AG. If you have never done one before, I would suggest getting a few pounds of dme in case you don't get enough conversion and end up at 1.025 or something!

I have DME on hand from extracts. I normally always have some. I will probably do this beer in about two weeks. Should have everything by then.

Did the fizzy yellow beer recipe for my first I did last weekend( for my bmc drinkin friends) with everything it was only around 18 bucks. Very simple to make too

Back