Cheap drone with a good camera?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
Looking for a drone for around $100 or less. I'm only going to use it to take pictures so a good camera is a must. I've never owned/flown one and will only use it once in a very long while (vacation/backyard party kind of thing)

I've seen a few review pics on Amazon and they look grainy. If I cant make out peoples faces or there blurry in a group pic from 30 feet in the air it doesn't do me any good.

It needs to have that clip on the remote for the phone or some way for me to see what I'm taking pictures of....not sure if that's standard.

Nothing I know of is 100 with a good camera. What do you consider good?

I have a cheaper 60.00 and it's camera is ehhhh. Also range is garbage.

Consider getting an older DJI phantom with the gimballed mount. You can put a used GoPro on it and get very good video and a pretty decent drone too. The phantom 4 came out a year ago, and now they've got a new one called the Mavic. So, you could probably find a phantom 2 at a discount on ebay or craigslist. Unfortunately, even a used DJI and gopro are to cost you at least several hundred bucks.

The Phantom 4 and Mavic are the best for your average consumer (they have pro models that get very pricey). Those will run you $1000 to 1500 for a nice setup with spare battery and stuff.

Search DJI phantom on youtube and you'll see tons of impressive video.

Here's a phantom 2 and some sort of camera attached to it (with some pretty awful pincushioning from the wide angle - don't do that :) ).

Last edited:
to put it in perspective im pretty into RC and when i get into drones ill be going mavic.

Back