Cheap Cornys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or maybe they only had that one and that's why they were able to be specific on the handle damage. Plus it says CLEARANCE - Pin Lock Cornelius Keg, not CLEARANCE - Pin Lock Cornelius Kegs.

Just a thought.

This is the response I got from them...

"As long as they are out of stock you will not be able to order or get shipping cost. We should have some more in next week. Please keep checking back."

I bought 8 kegs from them earlier this year. 4 clearance, 4 normal. Really happy with all. Would do business with them in a heartbeat...

I think the shipping was honest. It was a little high in my book, but still a deal compared to local. I ordered 4 at a time, so it was a fairly large box. Compared to the $30 a keg locally it still was a great deal...

So how did the kegs with the damaged handles look when you guys got them? Were they dirty? Did you need to replace gaskets and poppits?
From this place I could get 3 with shipping for $75, The cheapest I can find locally is $65/each.

They're very nice. It just feels as though the handles were sanded down a bit - a little rough, but very in tact. Doesn't seem to need new gaskets, holds pressure just fine. All the connections are nice as well. The vessel is a little dented near the bottom, but at $14 a piece I can't imagine a better deal. Up here in Montreal, they want $50+ each. Very happy with my purchase

Thanks for the quick reply! I am currently looking to get my first cornys and they are nowhere to be found on craigslist (in my area) and quite expensive with shipping everywhere else. Some dents here and there are not a problem for me, as long as they hold pressure and brew is all i care about! Thanks again, I think I will make a purchase!

i just received two of these also. i'm curious as to how the rubber (only top rubber, bottom was fine) got so dried and rough, but they are certainly in tact and work fine. the gaskets almost seemed new. for $14, these cannot be beat.

Hmmm...debating ordering a 4 pack of their refurbs, or 3 of the $14 ones.....seems too good to pass up. I emailed, and the guy quoted me $27 for shipping to Tampa for the 4 pack :)

Over the last few months I've ordered 2 refurbished, 2 used and 2 clearance kegs. I've noticed very little difference between the used and refurbished. Both types came clean with the gaskets in good shape. The metal and gaskets on the damaged ones were very good too, just very rough handles.

I'd save a few bucks and buy the clearance ones first if they're in stock, then buy the used rather than refurbished ones.

These guys are 10 minutes from my office - really nice deals when you don't pay S&H and bring cash :)
I had 1 or 2 issues initially but they fixed everything w/o a problem.
I have noticed the rubber areas of the kegs seem to be in worse shape than my Pepsi kegs, but some coats of ArmorAll seems to be helping that out. Can't complain too much with the prices I paid, they fit fine in my keezer so it was a nice alternative to the constantly rising prices of the Pepsi ball locks.

I'd save a few bucks and buy the clearance ones first if they're in stock, then buy the used rather than refurbished ones.

Might it be worthwhile to order a new set of o-rings for these, or do they seem to be fine upon arrival...

I ordered two sets of o-rings in case I needed them, but didn't end up having to use any. It would still probably make sense to order a set, because they're so cheap.

My clearance kegs just arrived (ordered them on Tuesday!) Exactly as claimed. It will definitely need a thorough cleaning as they still smell strongly of Coke. I do wish I had ordered a set of replacement o-rings, as it is probably better just to switch them out, even though they look to be in good shape.

Two of them had the pin type pressure release valve, the third has the fuse type valve.

257186_2127143938373_1239167574_2539705_7433392_o.jpg

My clearance kegs just arrived (ordered them on Tuesday!) Exactly as claimed.

+1 for the picture. I'll definitely be ordering a few from them soon...I'm trying to hold out till I head up to Cincy here in a month or so...pickup for the win!

Back