• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cheap Copper at Home Depot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stevem86 said:
I bought the same one! I'm thinking of making a pre chiller (I love in Texas) and possibly 2 25' wort chillers.
I currently have a 25' 3/8" that will be the pre chiller for the new 60'.

This makes the 50' roll of 1/2" I got for a case of Bud Light not look like such a great deal.

surlytheduff said:
My haul: 50' 1/2" ID for $15.03, 60' 3/8" ID for $25.03, 60' 1/2" ID for $27.03, 60' 3/4" ID for $40.03. I feel like a sketchy copper piping stripper with all this tubing in the trunk of my car.

You could take it to scrapper and turn a profit with those prices.

No clearance copper at my store... And the spots where they were had been cleared off... Guess I missed this one :(

Got a roll from Gainesville, FL, 20.03. I've been using 3/8 forever and finally get to upgrade! anyone interested in a 3/8 chiller.....

Confirmed at the Home Depot in Warwick RI. 50' 1/2" OD for 20$. 60' 1/2" ID for 27$. Don't call stores to check inventory unless you ask them to actually walk to the section. I called three local Home Depots and they all gave me wrong prices. Thanks so much for the OP!! New wort chiller here I come

Picked up 60 ft type L 1/2id for 35 in pa. Thanks.

Jackpot. Same deal here in DC, just got 60' x 1/2" L (originally $189) for $35, they even took off an extra 10% for a crimp in the last 2' of the coil.

Thanks for the heads up OP!

Yesterday it was not on sale, today it was! Thanks OP!! :mug:

ForumRunner_20131108_083324.jpg

Home depot in Seattle bitterlake had the following left as of about 8am Friday

1 or 2x50' 1/2" od @$20
1x50' 5/8" od @ $28

Thanks for the heads up!

I saw this, left the desk, and ran to HD. They had (2) rolls of the 50' 5/8" OD and (2) rolls of the 60' 1/2" ID left. I am going to check my local HD on the way home to see if the prices are lower there. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

I got 1/2 50' for 22 $ in Sacramento today. The guy told me they are changing to supplier so they discount there remaining supply

Thanks a lot guys...I go to HD looking for this great deal on copper tubing, and ended up with a new fridge and dishwasher that SWMBO could not live without.:)

Seriously, if you are remodeling your kitchen or looking to upgrade, HD kicked off an unreal sale on appliances today. We saved $1,100 on the fridge we have wanted for some time, and $250 on the dishwasher. It does make me happy saving money on something needed. :mug:

Thanks a lot guys...I go to HD looking for this great deal on copper tubing, and ended up with a new fridge and dishwasher that SWMBO could not live without.:)

Seriously, if you are remodeling your kitchen or looking to upgrade, HD kicked off an unreal sale on appliances today. We saved $1,100 on the fridge we have wanted for some time, and $250 on the dishwasher. It does make me happy saving money on something needed. :mug:

i did see a freezer that could be converted into a keezer for 150, not sure if that was a good price or if u could fit 4 cornys in it but i may swing back and take a look.

Thank you!

Scored the last 2 spools in Hadley, MA. Gonna take one to the brew club meeting tomorrow and share the luck.

BTW, 3/8" copper sweat fittings are perfect for the 1/2" OD if you do not want to bend tubing.

Thanks HBT'ers!

Grabbed a 50' roll of 1/2"od tubing for $21 in North Bay, CA!

Yellow Tag said it was $50, down from $75, but it was only $21 at checkout!!!

Wooooohooooo!!

Had the 50' of 5/8 in Jersey. I was hoping for 1/2 or 3/8 to make a bigger chiller now that I upgraded to 10 gallon. Is 5/8 too big for an immersion chiller? I am also working on my keezer so I could use it to run the beer lined through when I make my tower. What else could I use 5/8 for?

West long branch. They was one more, after I got mine, but it wasn't in a box.

Picked up a 50' of 1/2" for $20 at my local HD today, so thank you OP. Also, they had a couple 50' 5/8" OD coils for $27 and multiple 60' 1/2 OD type L for 38 as well when I left. Should still be there if anyone is looking in this area. Cheers!

Picked up a 1/2 50' in Norwood MA for $20 this morning. They had at least one more of the 1/2 and at least one 5/8ths left. It was on a shelf above the rest about 8ft up.

I saw this, left the desk, and ran to HD. They had (2) rolls of the 50' 5/8" OD and (2) rolls of the 60' 1/2" ID left. I am going to check my local HD on the way home to see if the prices are lower there. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

which home depot topher

Back