cheap apple juice!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, that's not cheap! I get the tree top stuff from Costco at $3.50 per gallon. That glass 1g jug would be nice to have though...

It comes in it's own fermenter! I am not excited about the price of the juice, I am excited about the price of the juice and a glass fermenter!

You know i was at costco today and picked up 10 gallons for under 40 bucks. There kirtland brand (maybe toptree in other states) and its not from and its not from concentrate with no additives. 1 gallon carboys are cool for test batches... but as i get into this 1 gallon goes quick among friends.

Whoa, that's not cheap! I get the tree top stuff from Costco at $3.50 per gallon. That glass 1g jug would be nice to have though...

Is Tree Top from concentrate? I found stuff at the local grocery store (Kroger) for $3.50/gal and while it has no preservatives it is from concentrate. :tank:

I totally forget about carlos bottles! But then you have to do something with the wine! I have to save all my drinking power for beer! Yeah I agree that 1 gallons jugs are a pain in the ass because bottling just on gallon is ridicules, but I need some so that I can play mad scientist! Now that I have 6 I can now just make cider in 5 gallon batches, but you never know when you will feel like testing a few things out!

Is Tree Top from concentrate? I found stuff at the local grocery store (Kroger) for $3.50/gal and while it has no preservatives it is from concentrate. :tank:

Not sure, but I'll check the bottles when I get home. All I know is it makes some good apfelwein! I remember it saying 100% juice, but didn't check to see if it was from concentrate.

My city has a recycling center. I look for certian bottles when I go by there. I have scored about 15 carlos rossis for myself and friends over the last few visits. People drink a lot of that stuff.

I've made Apfelwein with 100% juice from concentrate and not from concentrate. In a side by side, I honestly can't taste the difference. Use what's available, and what's affordable IMHO.

Back