Chandler, Gilbert, Tempe, South Mesa Brewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Before anyone suggests ASH, I work until 7pm and can't ever make the meetings. I brew on weekends (usually Saturday) and am looking for fellow brewers. I can do a brew day at my place or I can travel for a brew day.

I keep telling my coworkers about brew days, but it seems that most of them just want to drink beer, they don't want to brew it.

If anyone would like to meet for a brew day hit me up. I'd love to brew with some fellow brewers.

Nice. I'd be down. I have one planned tomorrow with the wife (she wants to take pics) but nothing after that. Sunday is our date day, so we're doing this brew day with just the two of us. However, I now have a 6 tap keezer to fill so I'll be doing more soon. I'll definitely let you know.

brooklanebrewing and I have pinged, but never hooked up. I am also in the SE Valley area. Gilbert, right on the edge of Queen Creek, just south of the 202/San Village mall area.

Quickly approaching the "no brew zero" weather wise... My RIMS system produces to much heat to survive 100deg brew days. And the beer I did this weekend used every cube of 80lbs of ice to cool 11g through my plate chiller down to pitching temp ;-( That being said, I am planning one more beer in the next Month, even if I have to start at 5am to beat the heat. :D

EDIT: Signature is wrong... won't update... not sure why

I have way too many orders to catch up on first but would love to stop by. I haven't been able to brew in 6 months...pathetic. If you place an order though, it may give me a good reason to make a delivery and stop by sometime. The shop is in Mesa but I live in SE Gilbert.

I'm bumping this shamelessly. If anyone's interested hit me up. I did two brew days with brooklanebrewing (one at my place, one at his) and he's a cool guy. I'm still down to do more brew days and will be having a beer tasting party/cookout in November. Free beer is always a good thing, right?

I would be interested. I'm in Chandler and a friend and I have been brewing 1-2 times per month. I have an open fermenter and keg that needs filling

Yo, one of these days I have to brew again too. Unfortunately I have more vessels than cold storage at this point. I miss brewing twice a month.

It's getting closer to that time of year when keeping fermentation temps is much easier. I currently have a keezer that doubles as a fermentation chamber. It's a PIA

It's getting closer to that time of year when keeping fermentation temps is much easier. I currently have a keezer that doubles as a fermentation chamber. It's a PIA

Thankfully I have a temp controlled upright freezer that can fit (4) 6.5 gal fermenting buckets. I have 2 gallons of mead and 10 gallons of a session IPA going right now. I'll be doing another one this weekend too.

If anyone has any brews coming up I'd be down for checking things out, I'm fairly new to brewing (done a few 1 gal batches) and would really like to see how it's done. I'm in SE Gilbert near Higley and Pecos.

Finally I'm finding more brewers in my area. It's hard for me to make it to ash meetings as well. I live near greenfield and ocotillo in Gilbert. I have been brewing since 2011. And doing all grain the last 2 years. I recently bought a blichmann top tier system and would like some help dialing it in. Or just come brew with some cool people.

Just posting so that I don't lose track of this thread! I'm currently based in London (England) but will be in Mesa next summer for flight training. How close are you all to the airport? I won't have any equipment with me so would love to keep brewing and hopefully learn some stuff from the other side of the pond.

I'm always happy to bring some European produce across with me if anyone needs anything.

Naturals I'd be happy to host a brew session when you get here. Maybe some of the other local home brewers would join up too. Pm me with some recipes you like. We could add some ingredients from across the pond and some local ingredients. It would be an awesome collaboration.

Just posting so that I don't lose track of this thread! I'm currently based in London (England) but will be in Mesa next summer for flight training. How close are you all to the airport? I won't have any equipment with me so would love to keep brewing and hopefully learn some stuff from the other side of the pond.

I'm always happy to bring some European produce across with me if anyone needs anything.

Which airport? We have quite a few around here. Mesa Gateway and Sky Harbor are the two busiest.

Which airport? We have quite a few around here. Mesa Gateway and Sky Harbor are the two busiest.

Thanks for the replies all. I'll be training at Falcon Field. I don't arrive for another six months yet but I'll drop you all a line nearer the time to try and organise something.

Off topic entirely but does anyone know if it's easy to get from FF to downtown Phoenix? Alternatively does Mesa have any decent places for craft beer (both bars and bottle shops)?

near falcon field there is a small pub with called Oneal's Place that has rotating taps of some crafts. across the street is Red White and Brew that has a few crafts, and local stuff. the Monastery is just south of FF. about 8 miles away is a little hole in the wall dive bar called the Handlebar that has a bunch of good craft, and bottles "to go". then, this month the new Beer Research Institute craft brewhouse opens. about 9 miles from FF. a bit further is the Arizona Wilderness brewery, and we have a couple of bottle shops like City Wine that carry a good selection.

Thanks for the reply te-wa! We don't really do dive bars in the UK so the the Handlebar (bar) sounds great. I'll be sure to check that out as soon as I arrive.

I spend two months at RV resort in Gold Canyon. I am a serious brewer from Canada and do all grain. There is interest in starting a brew club at our park. Do I have any legal issues to worry about if I bring a setup south??? Thanks

I can't see any reason why you can't bring your set up down here! I like it! Snowbird Brewing Club!!!:mug:

Just started to heat my strike water. Come on by. Brewing a SMASH brew. 12# Maris otter
1oz Galaxy @20 min
1oz Galaxy @15
1oz Galaxy @ flame out
Using burton ale yeast.
I have a Belgian single, foreign extra stout and hard cider on tap. I live near greenfield and ocotillo in Gilbert.

No border problems with rolled malted barley for 25 gallons of beer (4 batches: one being a ten gallon batch) I am in Gold Canyon. Any tips on water treatment? I was planning on 1/2 RO water and 1/2 from the tap. Want to start soon! Thanks

Check out Bru'N Water. Dead accurate for me pH wise. If you are going to mix, you will need to know what your current tap water looks like, if you don't then just go 100% RO and treat both mash/sparge.

OctoberFAST is now perking in primary in heat controled cabinet. Two batches down. #1 was Kilt Lifter. Any good food/beer bars around Gold Canyon area to visit? Thanks

I want in on a "meet up". I live in Chandler and have met dfc.

What's up dfc? You still makin beer?

Still making beer. I'm in the process of editing a video for a double batch AG day. I'll post it here.

Is anyone going to the strong beer fest on 2-14?

Back