Chamomile - How to add

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gomb

Reaction score
I am making a belgian white this weekend and was thinking of adding chamomile to it. I had a beer that i found locally called Dinky Wheat, which is a white with chamomile in it, and it was pretty interesting. I was thinking of steeping the chamomile in a french press and adding it at bottling, but i dont know if that will do what i want. I am looking for someone who has had some experience with this. I think this will pan out to a tasty experiment.

Ok i will add them with the bittering hops and see what happens! i only have an ounce because i dont want to overdo it. Test run here i come.

Wow I forgot about this thread. The beer came out great. A lot darker, more of a brown than a white. It was in the primary for 1 month and then bottled for one month before it was any good. I ended up using 1oz of chamomile, full flowers not the tea stuff, for the full 60 min boil. It is a great *1 beer before bed* type as the chamomile really hits ya.

Back