Chalkboard Beer Fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about doing this to my kegerator, but I decided against it. I remembered the chalk dust from my school days and didn't want to have the stuff floating around my brewery and having to clean it up.

RockfordWhite said:
This cool

http://www.home-improvement-superst...m=CPC&zmam=8568711&zmas=4&zmac=87&zmap=489526

I have heard people talking about doing this on their kegerators but never seen any results, my friend did that in his room at college and it didn't work nearly as nicely as a normal chalkboard, but for the price i guess you can't beat it...

I've used this, actually I did a chalk board in my son's play room with it.
My only advice is to make the wall a perfectly smooth as possible to help it out.
I have plaster walls and the orange peal texture just doesn't cut it.

I had thought of doing just a small strip over the taps to label them, but haven't done so yet. Still not sure what I'm going to do to label.

Seems like a neat idea, but personally I find that dry erase markers work great on my kegerator, and I prefer them to chalk anyway. A chalkboard would have more of an authentic "pub" feel to it I suppose, if that's what you're going for.

If your fridge has a really smooth, glossy finish, you can just write directly on it with a dry-erase marker. In my experience, it doesn't wipe off quite as easily as a "real" whiteboard, but a little Windex took care of it immediately. We used to do this at a bakery I worked at to keep inventory on some refrigerated items.

My problem is that my beer fridge has a texture on the door - to do anything like this, I would have to fill and sand the door, then repaint it. I think I may just go with a magnetic whiteboard.

Argh, beaten while I typed.

I do that to my kegs. tape off a rectangle. prime. 3 coats of chalkboard spray paint...shazam!

Now I can easily label kegs that are going to the basement to age.

Back