CFC failure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claphamsa

Professional Jezter PWNZR
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I brewed my arrogant bastard clone...and i ran san through the CFC to make sure its nice and clean, no problems....then i connect it to the keggle.... it wont flow through... the san was at the same level, so i dont think its gravity....

I checked the spout on the keggle and it worked fine (ended up draining it into the carboy, and ill let it cool outside with the arilock on...)

any ideas why? and how could i fix it?

after you ran the san through it did you leave it outside? Maybe residual water created a block? I would think hot wort would melt that but who knows. My best guess at least.

That was my first guess, so i pulled the tube off the spigot, and got boiling beer poored all over my hand! sucked real bad.

What I meant was, it was probably in your valve when you ran starsan into the chiller. It eventually got loose and ran into the CFC clogging it. It's not in the valve anymore so you'll see flow there, but the CFC needs to be backflushed.

Back