Cereal Killer Killed It!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a couple AG NB kits to get back into all grain, premilled... . Efficiency was 72%, bought a barley crusher and set it up myself. Last 2 batches I have hit 81% crushing my own grain! And having un-milled grain means it stores longer!

I did a couple AG NB kits to get back into all grain, premilled... . Efficiency was 72%, bought a barley crusher and set it up myself. Last 2 batches I have hit 81% crushing my own grain! And having un-milled grain means it stores longer!

I am going to start buying a few bags of base malt to keep on hand. I have made a few tasty SMaSHs and it would be nice to have it hand when the urge to brew hits me. :tank:

I've put hundreds of pounds of grain through my CK in the last few years and it's worked great! There have been a few hickups, but keeping it clean works on keeping the minor problems away. It's only getting better!

I think a grain mill is going to be my next purchase. Good reason to get myself a birthday present. Now the question is which one?

Back