Central Montana Homebrew Club - Great Falls, MT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UofMontanaAlum

Reaction score
I recently moved back home to MT after working out of state for the past 10 years. I was involved in a very active group of homebrewers prior to moving back to MT. I looked around for something similar here in Great Falls but could only find a Facebook page that hadn't been updated/posted on since 2012. It would be great to get a group of guys/gals together to discuss/drink/brew some beer. If you are interested, like the Facebook page for future meeting info.

https://www.facebook.com/centralmontanahomebrewclub

Would love a club although life usually gets in the way and meetings are hard to attend. I bet we could talk Bowser into letting us meet there. On second thought not sure if I can be in a club with a UM grad ;). Go CATS

Glad to see there is some interest in getting this group together. I will check with Bowser and the others to see if there is any interest in allowing us to use a space inside their tap room for our meetings.

Anyone can feel free to send me a PM prior to getting this club started to go grab a beer and discuss ideas.

I'm in Chinook, so wouldn't really be able to attend anything, but am interested in participating from afar as much as I can.

Hows the Brew Club coming along? I just visited your facebook page. I'm in Lewistown so I'm interested in what you guys get started.

Hi, JR - I lived in Lewistown a few years ago (worked at the Yogo Inn), and still get down to visit whenever I can. In fact, all the brewing I do is with Big Spring water! :mug:

The next time I get down that way, I'll let you know and perhaps we can get together and talk beer.

Ron

Hows the Brew Club coming along? I just visited your facebook page. I'm in Lewistown so I'm interested in what you guys get started.

I'm still working out the details for the first meeting location. I will post both here and on Facebook when I get something nailed down.

Central Montana Homebrew Club's first meeting will tentatively be held on Tuesday, November 11th at 6pm at Mighty Mo Brewing Company. I am still lining details up with the brewery but I wanted to get the date out to anyone interested in attending. If the date or time changes due to conflicts at the brewery, I will let everyone know here and on Facebook.

Please RSVP by sending me a PM here on HBT or on the club's Facebook page.

A member of the club is hosting a group brew session at his house this coming Sunday (12/07/14) at 2pm. If you are interested in attending, please send an email to scottjpaulson at gmail.com to RSVP. I will reply with address info.

Mighty Mo Brewing Company is hosting their First Annual Homebrew Contest. 1st place brews their winning recipe on Mighty Mo's production brewery with their head brewer. See attachment for more details! Deadline for entry is March 15th. Open to all Montana resident homebrewers :rockin:

MIGHTY MO HOMEBREW CONTEST.jpg

MEETING TONIGHT! (Tuesday 01-13-15) 6:30PM at Mighty Mo Brewing Company in the conference room. Bring a growler or bottles of homebrew to share. :rockin:

The next Central Montana Homebrew Club general meeting will be at Mighty Mo Brewing Company on Tuesday, February 10th at 6:30pm in the conference room.

Bring homebrew to share with the group. :mug:

Tomorrow night, Tuesday 02/10/15, the club will be meeting at Mighty Mo Brewing Company at 6:30PM. Feel free to bring homebrew to share.

:mug:

This Saturday (3/21) from 10am-2pm'ish, I will be hosting a brew day at my house for Central Montana Homebrew Club. PM me for address and directions. :mug: Everyone welcome :mug:

F.... Facebook!! Please find another forum to promote your group. Facebook offers zero access unless you join......There are those of us who are extremely Facebook Hostile....for good reason. Please put your info on a site that is universally available ........... Yahoo Groups for example..........Where you do not have to submit to the tyranny of Facebook.

H.W.

F.... Facebook!! Please find another forum to promote your group. Facebook offers zero access unless you join......There are those of us who are extremely Facebook Hostile....for good reason. Please put your info on a site that is universally available ........... Yahoo Groups for example..........Where you do not have to submit to the tyranny of Facebook.

H.W.

No need to be rude.

Everything I post to Facebook I also post to this HBT thread so if you want to stay updated on club happenings and are opposed to Facebook, check this thread for updates. I suggest subscribing to this thread and opting into email alerts so you get an email any time I add an event.

This is a small operation (me) keeping this club organized and going. Feel free to come to a meeting and participate. If you want to volunteer your time to update multiple platforms, I'm happy to accept the help. Until I have help, Facebook and HBT are my two outlets for getting the word out.

Due to my relocation to Spokane WA for work, I am no longer taking the lead on CMHBC. For the most up to date info on future meetings, visit the club's Facebook page.

Due to my relocation to Spokane WA for work, I am no longer taking the lead on CMHBC. For the most up to date info on future meetings, visit the club's Facebook page.

It's unfortunate that Facebook seems to be taking the world by storm. There are those of us who absolutely refuse to use that forum..... and I'm not alone in this by any means.

H.W.

It's unfortunate that Facebook seems to be taking the world by storm. There are those of us who absolutely refuse to use that forum..... and I'm not alone in this by any means.

H.W.

As I've mentioned before, you can view event details (dates and times) of the meetings without signing into Facebook so you don't need to "be on" Facebook to get the information. And if you're too paranoid to view Facebook from your own personal computer because Mark Zuckerberg cares who you are, put on your tinfoil hat and hop on down to the public library to view the info from a public computer. Either way, you can get the info without being a Facebook member. Here is the link...

https://www.facebook.com/centralmontanahomebrewclub/

As I've mentioned before, you can view event details (dates and times) of the meetings without signing into Facebook so you don't need to "be on" Facebook to get the information. And if you're too paranoid to view Facebook from your own personal computer because Mark Zuckerberg cares who you are, put on your tinfoil hat and hop on down to the public library to view the info from a public computer. Either way, you can get the info without being a Facebook member. Here is the link...

https://www.facebook.com/centralmontanahomebrewclub/

The ridicule is hardly necessary............... Many of us, myself included have had experience with Facebook which brought us to this point. I recognize that FB is central to many people's lives and social lives, but is not and never will be a part of mine.

H.W.

Back