Central Illinois Brew Clubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

kb9vzh

Reaction score
Dose anyone know of any Brew Clubs in the Central Illinois area? I am in Ottawa, IL and the closest ones I could find are in Normal and St. Charels. Anyone know of one closer???? Has anyone wanted to start one in the area?

OP
kb9vzh

kb9vzh

Reaction score
Ize said:
No, we're an island unto ourselves down here brother.

Ize (in Decatur)

At least you have one in your area:

Central Illinois Brewers Association
19 West Drive
Decatur, IL 62526
Phone: 217 875-4688
Email: [email protected]

Ize

Reaction score
To my knowledge it doesn't exist anymore. The number is disconnected and I don't think the guy who was running it is even in to it anymore...

Sad but true.

Ize

OP
kb9vzh

kb9vzh

Reaction score
Ize said:
To my knowledge it doesn't exist anymore. The number is disconnected and I don't think the guy who was running it is even in to it anymore...

Sad but true.

Ize
No good.

If I can get enough intrest in the local area I would love to start one up.

Ize

Reaction score
I keep pluggin at getting people here interested. If you ever get down this way give me a shout. There's one or two bars with at least a fair (ok, weak at best :D ) Tap selection.

Ize

DBbrewing

Reaction score
I am the only homebrewer in Streator that I know of, so I would like to find some other brewers in the area and would like to find or start a club.

backsaw13

Reaction score
there is the BOSS (Brewers of South Suburbia) Brewers of South Suburbia. From their site "We have members from Joliet to Oak Forest from Monee to Countryside".

I am in New Lenox just east of Joliet and was thinking of attending one of their meetings soon.

Killian_77

Reaction score
Hey guys....I was surprised to see Central Illinois mentioned on here. Im just getting started in all of this and I was curious if there was anything around here. It sounds like the BLM-Normal club meets up every once in while. Weve got a fairly new place (Medici) here in Normal that has a pretty decent selection if you are ever in the area.
Nice to know there are a few more from around here that poke around on this board.
Killian

punk_rockin2001

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been wondering the same thing! I'm in Charleston and I know theres none here, but I think there might be one in Champaign. I remember there was some homebrew thing at the International beer tasting thing they have every year in Urbana. I think we just started our own club just now! :mug:

goosepit

Reaction score
I'm in Ottawa also, was gonna post to the original poster but that was 2 1/2 years ago.
Hey DBbrewing are u the guy from streator that bought some kegs from me a few years ago? If not theres another brewer somewhere in streator. I got a pm from a guy in marseilles who was trying to start a club, but dont know what happened with it. Years ago I wanted to start one but didnt have much interest in it. I dont know of another brewer in Ottawa and dont meet many(or any) people that brew, it too bad to its a great hobby.
Scott

DBbrewing

Reaction score
I'm in Ottawa also, was gonna post to the original poster but that was 2 1/2 years ago.
Hey DBbrewing are u the guy from streator that bought some kegs from me a few years ago? If not theres another brewer somewhere in streator. I got a pm from a guy in marseilles who was trying to start a club, but dont know what happened with it. Years ago I wanted to start one but didnt have much interest in it. I dont know of another brewer in Ottawa and dont meet many(or any) people that brew, it too bad to its a great hobby.

Scott
Hey Scott, no I was not the one who bought kegs from you but hey if you would like to get together to sample each others brews let me know or even brew something. I only bottle right now but am looking at getting into kegging this year.
Dave

donajr

Reaction score
im in ottawa to. Been brewing for about 1.5 years. I no of a guy in marseilles who is trying to start a club. i will post the info i get from him when i get it.

josh donahue