Celis White recipe from North American Clone Brews by Russell?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janx

Reaction score
Hey does anyone have this book and could post the recipe for Celis White from it? I'm not sure I really want to buy another recipe book, but I would like to see what their take on Celis White is. I'm sure it oversimplifies it as do almost all of them, but it's worth a look. Thanks in advance! :D

PS- The all-grain recipe if they have one please.

That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure, as I was certain you've got Beer Captured. The book, that is. ;)

I'll quit crapping up your thread now. If you decide to buy the book for lack of response, don't forget to click through from the link here. :D

Sam

Janx said:
Hey does anyone have this book and could post the recipe for Celis White from it? I'm not sure I really want to buy another recipe book, but I would like to see what their take on Celis White is. I'm sure it oversimplifies it as do almost all of them, but it's worth a look. Thanks in advance! :D

PS- The all-grain recipe if they have one please.

Okey dokey, here it is:
-4.25 lb Pilsner malt
-3.25 lb Wheatmalt
-8 oz Carapils
mash at 152ºF (does not say for how long though! Maybe 90 min, being they suggest that length for steeping)
To the boil:
- 8 oz of corn sugar
-2 AAU Cascade @ 60 min
-2 AAU Willamette @ 60 min
-2 AAU Cascade @ 15 min
-2 AAu Willamette @ 15 min
-.25 oz Coriander @ shutoff
-.25 oz Bitter Orange peel @ shutoff
Steep spices for 30 min then chill.
Ferment with WYeast 3944 or equivalent yeast
OG: 1.050, 20 IBU
Good luck!!!!

Well, I have made a couple brews from that book. While they were good, they weren't anything like the real thing. Don't get me wrong, many books have clones that aren't like the real thing, so that really isn't surprising. I have found though, that Beer Captured gets you pretty close, as long as you make some minor adjustments along the way! Good luck with the beer, and let us know how it turns out, with whatever recipe you use!! :)

Back