CBS Early Show Thursday 6/17 a.m.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad

Reaction score
Not to be a complete shill :rolleyes: but I'm doing the CBS Early Show tomorrow morning. The plan is to show Harry Smith (and maybe Maggie Rodiguez) basic knife skills -- the Pinch & Claw, dicing an onion, and maybe roll cutting a pepper if time permits. I think it's a little ambitious for three minutes, but what the hell. It should be a lot of fun. Look for me toward the end of the show, 8:30 - 8:40 or so. Things are a little loose because the Emmy nominations are tomorrow, so they have to same room for live interviews with the nominees.

Tomorrow afternoon I'll be in Philadelphia taping an episode of WHYY's A Chef's Table with Jim Coleman. I've also taped a segment with Lynne Rossetto Kasper for The Splendid Table. She's just as warm and personable on the phone as she is on the air. My bit will run some time toward the end of the month. I'll post actual air dates for both radio shows when I know them.

Thanks for putting up with the shameless self-promotion. Wish me luck.
Chad

Could you please cut the person in charge of booking on the Second Cup Cafe or is it too late for that?

Someone on the east coast....did he get bumped for the Emmy's?

Alas, I did get bumped. I was told ahead of time that might be a possibility. It's fine, though being preempted by Doogie Houser stung a bit. We taped the segment, and it will run some time next week. I'll post the air date as soon as I know anything.

Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez were great, especially Maggie. She seemed genuinely engaged and interested in what we were doing. She even stuck around afterward to ask more questions.

The segment went really, really well. I was fairly relaxed, I engaged in a bit of the obligatory "witty banter" with the hosts, and did good demonstrations. I have a cheat for dicing an onion that eliminates a lot of the elements that people find scary. That went over well. I also roll cut a couple of peppers with the hosts -- Maggie, at least -- cutting alongside me. Roll cutting peppers always makes for an impressive visual. It went fast. Three minutes goes by in a blur.

All in all it was a lot of fun. I kind of dread watching myself because I know I'll just pick the performance apart. Until then, though, I feel pretty good about it.

I'll let y'all know as soon as I hear anything about air dates/times.

And, yeah, it would have been great to have home brew. It was 8:45 in the morning, but I could have used one.

Thanks for the patience and support.
Chad

Back