Cat ****

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glavini

Reaction score
So it's been a while since I've brewed but now that my electric panel is close to being ready I started to take my stuff out of my back room to get ready and wouldn't you know the damn cat did his business in my keggles. What's the best way to clean it or should I get rid of them?

A good hose out, followed by PBW and Star San should fix it right up.

You could do the PH double punch, first with a PBW then rinse and do a acid 5 wash (you know the rule about not mixing acids and bases).

You should be able to come up with some good names for your beers after brewing in those vessels.

Cat **** Porter, for instance. Or Fabulous Feline Feces Saison. Or....you're only limited by your bad taste! :)

Seriously, you should be able to clean these w/o any great trouble. Wash them out as best you can, use PBW or similar to again wash them, rinse and make sure there is no residue, then use PBW again and rinse again.

And as long as they're boil kettles or something in which you can boil water to sterilize, as long as they're clean of residue, you're good to go.

Name game! I love this website: "Call Don! Grab This P****Y Porter"
The possibilities are endless.

Litter Box Crunchy Cream Ale...
Kat Krap Kolsch?
Litterbox Log Lager?

Clearly, the cat should do the honorable thing...
Die_b210f9_96783.jpg

;)

After all the sanitizing heat it empty until it is HOT HOT and that will cook out any odor that lingers... might want to do this outside... I had a mouse nest in my lead casting pot(hope the little rodent died of lead poisoning!) so I washed it out, scrubbed, rinsed, no smell, heated it and it reeked of mouse pee/crap for 5 minutes as whatever got in the pores of the metal cooked off. Not that smelting car wheel weights ever smell good, I stay well upwind!

I actually though this was a joke.... You really were going to throw away stainless kettles because you were worried you couldnt clean them effectively of a little pee and cat ****?
We live in an age where they take sewage water and treat it to make it drinking water in some municipalities and THIS concerns you. come on man! The reason stainless is used is because its so durable and easily cleaned.

use a scrubby pad and barkeepers friend and you will completely remove any trace of it quickly and easily... absolutely no need for crazy treatments of heat and caustic chemicals... Its not bat **** where talking about here after all most chocolate cocoa has been found to have large amount of rat hair and feces in it and that doesnt bother you... Oh you didnt know that:p sorry...

seriously, dont let it bother you it will clean up fine.

Like my wife. She says she just wants to buy me new ones. I'd rather put hat money towards something else though

Like my wife. She says she just wants to buy me new ones. I'd rather put hat money towards something else though

Do you and your wife have kids? Usually thats a big eye opener to such things.. poop and pee become no big deal.

soak them in starsan and boil water in them afterwards and there will be absolutely no possible way the cat waste will be an issue... the bar keepers friend will actually remove a very thin layer of the stainless and everything on it since its a mild abrasive and stainless is not pourous. Thats why trucking companies will use the stainless tank trucks for chemicals one day and food liquids the next after cleaning... Trust me thats what my father did for a living for 30 years... crawled right into those tank trucks and cleaned them (depending on what was in them and the treatment for that chemical of course)

Brought my keggle in last night to clean it up. This morning I set it by the door so I could take it to the garage after work and the cat was sitting right there watching me.

I told him, "Don't you do it!" as I recalled this thread.

Oh yeah, we have a 6 and 8 year old. We've been **** on and puked on. She's just really anal about stuff like that. She's thrown out containers because the food that was in it started growing mold.

Back