• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cask Breather / Aspirator (4) for Cold Crashing - $65 each w/free shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agentbud

Reaction score
I wanted one of these to use for cold crashing to prevent suckback, and to use for low-pressure O2 free transfers. Apparently they are not that common in the US and the best I could find, including shipping, was about $90. Found a really good deal on them from a cask supply store in the UK but had to get 5 to make shipping worth it. Keeping 1 and selling the other 4 at cost to recoup my investment. These are brand new still in plastic.

$65 each includes free shipping to lower 48. PM me if interested and I will reply with paypal info.

Mike

Attachments

• caskbreather1.jpg
    caskbreather1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 141
  • caskbreather5.jpg
    caskbreather5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
They are initially designed to use for serving cask ales. They allow CO2 in to a cask at atmospheric pressure as the ale is drawn out, thus giving the ale a longer shelf-life over allowing O2 in. So, along that same principle, they can be used during the cold crashing process to allow CO2 in as the negative pressure builds inside the fermentation vessel, thus preventing suckback of O2 or blowoff solution. You would hook your Co2 tank to the IN port and set it to about 5 PSI. The OUT port connects to your blow-off. As negative pressure builds during cold crash, it pulls in CO2 at atmospheric pressure.

They are initially designed to use for serving cask ales. They allow CO2 in to a cask at atmospheric pressure as the ale is drawn out, thus giving the ale a longer shelf-life over allowing O2 in. So, along that same principle, they can be used during the cold crashing process to allow CO2 in as the negative pressure builds inside the fermentation vessel, thus preventing suckback of O2 or blowoff solution. You would hook your Co2 tank to the IN port and set it to about 5 PSI. The OUT port connects to your blow-off. As negative pressure builds during cold crash, it pulls in CO2 at atmospheric pressure.
Oh, OK. Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

Back