Quantcast

Cascade hop replacements?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Brentk14

Reaction score
I am supossed to dry hop one of my brews with cascade hops but I dont have any left. I have some centennial, but what else is a good replacement for Cascade for dry aroma hopping.

Soulive

Reaction score
Why can't you use the Centennial? That's probably the best replacement. You could also use Amarillo...

OP
B

Brentk14

Reaction score
I can. I have about 10 oz of it, I was just wondering if there was something better. Is it better to dry hop with pellets or whole? Oh by the way, Go Yanks haha. Cant wait for this season. I am going to New York in the beginning of July for my honeymoon and catchin a Yankee red sox game.

Soulive

Reaction score
Brentk14 said:
I can. I have about 10 oz of it, I was just wondering if there was something better. Is it better to dry hop with pellets or whole? Oh by the way, Go Yanks haha. Cant wait for this season. I am going to New York in the beginning of July for my honeymoon and catchin a Yankee red sox game.
Hey fun in NYC, there's TONS to do...

david_42

Reaction score
Perle is another good choice, although a bit more grapefruit than Cascades. I use whole hops for dry hopping whenever possible.

OP
B

Brentk14

Reaction score
and one more question. Should I dry hop in the secondary or keg? My last one I dry hopped in the keg and liked it, but I have never dry hopped in the secondary.

Redweasel

Reaction score
I had the same problem this week. The LHBS suggested using cenntenial but cutting them down in half because I was using them for bittering.