Caribbean "Eggnog" made with beer - a quick recipe for y'all

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badducky

Reaction score
Howdy,

My wife's mother is from Grenada. When my wife sipped an Oatmeal Stout Porter I made, she said, "It tastes like beer." (She's not a beer drinker.) Then, she asked if she could make eggnog with it. It's a Caribbean beverage of choice I've observed and enjoyed from Trinidadian, and Grenadian gatherings all winter long. I even saw a Jamaican gentleman bring some to a tennis match.

For each 12-ounce can or bottle of dark ale like a Guinness Stout or Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter add 4-6 ounces of sweetened, condensed milk, zest of one lime and (optional) one raw egg. Whip it up in a blender and serve over ice.

Blasphemy, right? It's pretty good, though, and a great winter party drink to make and keep in a pitcher. Just thought I'd share.

Peace,

Badducky

PS Lord a'mighty, making your own Stouts and Porters is one of the best things about homebrew. Easy to brew, forgiving, and a fraction of the cost of a 4-pack of Guinness, much less the better stouts and Porters...

Latest posts

Back