cardboard cases for storage question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderThePorchBrewing

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a company that makes generic white cardboard cases that can be purchased? I see they have 6 pack containers but I am looking for a case for 24 beers.

Just measure a regular box and make one out of wood. I'm working up to desire to cut wood for a few.

right now for regular use at home I use these they hold 29 bottles Storage Crate

what I am looking at is July,Aug, Sept I will be tearing out my yard and putting in a large patio. which means I will probably brew almost weekly and am hoping to get 8 brews done while still doing the patio. I was hoping to be able to do a sampler case of 3 or 4 beers each (8 or 6 different beers) to give as Christmas presents so a white cardboard box with my "Under The Porch Brewery" label expanded to fit a side would be neat. also I would just slap a label of what beer is what and keep a stack of white boxes with names instead of trying to figure out what is in each crate I am using now.

wood would be really cool but no time to build them as the patio is coming

I wanted something a little nicer for inside the house, but sort fell on a compromise.
A search of boxes or bottle storage you have a few good choices.

One was a full size steel file cabinet. Each drawer holds a case.

Next was some guy who found online, case size beer and wine bottle cardboard boxes with full dividers - I thought they were too expensive for plain boxes.

I found plans for handmade wooden crates. Certainly lifetime-sturdy and could look nice, but I wasn't sure. Might look a little too - I dunno
This is the plan - I dont have pics. they are in a thread here somplece
http://members.shaw.ca/mcuell/beercase.pdf

I went to the corner office-depot and they had black cardboard boxes they do have a white label in front but I thought they were nice enough to not stand out too much in the corner in a neat stack. cost like 13$ for 10 with lids. they come in white too.

The wood might still be an option later for, but I lack a router and jig.

This thread has a place that makes wood ones for you and can laser engrave your brewery logo.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/wooden-6-pack-12-pack-24-pack-holders-115478/

there should be a STICKY of all these options somewhere!!!

Not exactly what you are asking for but I like cardboard file boxes. They hold 30 bottles. No inserts*, but if you aren't moving them around a bunch, it doesn't matter. They are heavy duty though and can be stacked several high.

*I view this as a plus because if I have bottles from a few batches in one box, I can put a rubber band or something around the like bottles instead of labeling them all individually.

i have been thinking about a couple of plastic milk crates. My local bi-mart has them for like 3 or 4 dollars each.

I used to use cardboard cases I bought the beer in to store my homebrew but have decided to stop. After repeated use as you get the cardboard damp from the bottling process I had one give out on me after about the third use. I'd just filled it with freshly bottled APA and when I picked it up the bottom tore open and they all went into freefall. Fortunately it gave out about 6" off the floor and not 4' so I didn't lose anything but the box.

+1 on plastic crates. They're cheap and sturdy.

I get a bunch of free cases from the local "Total Wine and More" Store, but I would think that if you ask any store that sells alcohol they would be able to give you boxes... What do you think all their six packs came in?

I get a bunch of free cases from the local "Total Wine and More" Store, but I would think that if you ask any store that sells alcohol they would be able to give you boxes... What do you think all their six packs came in?

He needs them blank so he can rebrand them as from his homebrewery.

Filing boxes seem like a good bet, maybe combined with the inserts from the disgard bin at the beer store. I like the plain white six pack holders a few shops have around me for use in build-a-six-pack pricing.

There's always the generic cardboard boxes empty bottles come in from hombrew suppliers. Not white, but still a blank canvas for you to work with.

It's strange that with so many people bottling in longnecks, there's not more available. I store most of my beer on shelves in the basement, and just use a motley array of recycled 6-pack carriers for that. For moving bottles around during brewing operations, and for storage during conditioning, I found a 10 gal. plastic tote with lid at Menards (for those of you not in the Midwest it's like Lowe's, HD, Farm & Fleet, etc.) for 5.99. It will hold 32 bottles, and works well enough. Two totes for a batch, and I just have dummy capped bottles made up to take up the extra space so they don't fall over.

Sure wish I could find some of the old waxed 24 bottle returnable cases from back in the day, though....

He needs them blank so he can rebrand them as from his homebrewery.

Exactly, thanks. What I want to do is give a couple of gift cases as well as several 6 packs to people I know who keep asking for a sampler . right now I have a pipeline of 1.5+ cases of 6 different beers and 2 more to brew by July 4, and several people keep asking for samples so thought I could print my label on white label paper on one side of the box or 6 pack holder and use the white 6 pack carriers inside to give to a couple of people for "special" gifts (ie birthday Christmas etc)

I like the plain white six pack holders a few shops have around me for use in build-a-six-pack pricing.

will be ordering these in they come in brown and white also 4 pack holders as well from this company. http://www.pakitproducts.com/cardboard6packbottlecarrierkraft.aspx

There's always the generic cardboard boxes empty bottles come in from hombrew suppliers. Not white, but still a blank canvas for you to work with.

would love to see these sold on NB or AHS. the empty boxes of course. so far have searched several sites that contain most every size box but none for a regular 24 pack of beer. if brown would get the brown 6 pack holders and find a different label paper

Latest posts

Back