carbonation.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwerl001

Reaction score
So I DoD my first batch and its kind of flat. There is bareley any head. How do I get more carbonation to my beer

did you keg? bottle? if you bottled, did you move the beer to a different bucket and add sugar or just add sugar to the primary? how long did you let it primary or secondary? if you added sugar to a secondary then bottled from there, how much sugar did you add? if this is the case, how long have the bottles sit at what temp?

don't really want to have to ask so many questions, but they are all relevant. your question is like saying " i put gas in my car, and it won't start? why? "

I fermented two weeks and then bottled. I put sugar in seperate bucket then added fermented beer. I pit the whole package from the kit I purchased. I then bottled and sat for two weeks at68 degress.

Well did you disolve the sugar in some boiling water? Two weeks is really early to be getting worried. I'd wait another week and check again. I kinda figure 4 weeks anymore. Bigger beers might take even longer.

Yup, more time required and if you can raise the temp a bit it would help, ideally 70-75F and things move a little quicker!

Well did you disolve the sugar in some boiling water? Two weeks is really early to be getting worried. I'd wait another week and check again. I kinda figure 4 weeks anymore. Bigger beers might take even longer.

+1 wait another week or two and it will carb up for you is my bet :mug:

it's possible that the sugar didn't mix in evenly. I always give mine a gentile stir (as to not oxidize it) before beginning to bottle.

All my bottled beer conditions in the same room and i've yet to ever have issues. Room is 68 year round. Funny thing is I have a red ale that's been in there for 2+ weeks and it's not doing much of anything. I've got a moose drool clone that is about a week old and it's carbed up nicely. NO clue why this red ale, which I've made before is not wanting to carb. I'll let it sit until it's ready. This is the first batch I've ever made that has this issue.

I bottle some of each batch in 1 and 2 liter carbonated water bottles. I can squeeze the bottles as they age and get an idea when they've carbed up.

Back