carbonation trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuffstuff152

Reaction score
I just had a couple of brews from a batch i made a month ago. The carbonation is really weak, almost non existant. I made a light Ale with 4 lbs of light extract and a pound of honey. It fermented in the primary for seven days(fermented well), and then onto the secondary for 10 days. I added the recommended 3/4 cup of dextrose at bottleing, I bottled the batch, and let the beers bottle-condition for two weeks at 68 degrees. Is there somthing I did wrong? I've never had this happen. Did i maybe leave it in the secondary too long? I was thinking maybe the yeast was pooped out, but I used nottingham dry ale yeast wich attenuates to 8%, and my brew is just under 5% ABV.

Any ideas on what i did wrong, or any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Move them someplace a little warmer around 72-75 and wait another week. 14 days it a little early to be fully carbonated. Then in another week take one, pop it in the fridge for a couple days and try it.

Move them someplace a little warmer around 72-75 and wait another week. 14 days it a little early to be fully carbonated. Then in another week take one, pop it in the fridge for a couple days and try it.

+1 in my experience the difference from day 14 to day 21 can be huge

Back