Carbonation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icebob

Reaction score
I usually just kegged my beers, and carb with C02, no prob there, but for the last 6 batches, I bottled a 6 pack before kegging the rest. Since I'm a lazy person, I used the drop thingy in each bottle. What I noticed, is, when I open a bottle, no gusher, but when I pour in a glass, it foam like a sumbitch. Is that a sign of over carbonation? if so, is there brands of the drop thingy better than other? I'm trying to avoid to have to boil water only to add a lil bit of corn sugar only for a sixer. Thx in advance.

I think the consensus would be that making a priming syrup with some table sugar and water would be a cheaper and more effective way. Dextrose (aka priming sugar) is a marketing gimmick.

I have used fermenters favorites from northern brewer 2 times now and they have been perfect. I have read they can cause over carbonation but it has not happened to me yet.

Back