Carbonation problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkozlowski

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered a bunch but i'm looking for advice on bottle conditioning. I frequently seem to be getting batches that are over carbonated... It doesnt seem to matter whether im doing extract or all grain. Although it did seem to be worse while doing all grain. I always buy those 4.5 to 5oz sugar packs from the home brew stores and lately i've been scaling back little by little on the amount I add to the bottling bucket. last batch was pretty decent after 2 weeks but then after the third i had inconsistent bottles... some would be fine and others would be like if i added mentos to a diet coke bottle. would like to try to find a way to get more consistent. When i first started brewing extract a year or two ago i seemed to have less problems. Wondering if i was stirring it in better then or something... my process hasnt changed much though. Has anyone had good luck with those carb drops? I dont have a keg setup but is there a way i could leverage co2 conditioning and bypass the sugar process all together?

A few of thoughts. 1) Be sure the fermentation is complete. Let it ferment for 3-4 weeks before bottling. 2) After you rack to your bottling bucket stir it up gently to make sure the bottling sugar solution is mixed well with the beer. 3) Sanitation!!!!!! Cheers!!!

Latest posts

Back