Carbonating JAOM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrClint

Reaction score
I like fizzy stuff. Has anyone tried carbonating JAOM? I can't find anything about it anywhere. Any one here tried doing it with fizzy tabs? Is this a potential bottle bomb? I just think carbonation would take it to the next level (hopefully not the ceiling of course).

I like fizzy stuff. Has anyone tried carbonating JAOM? I can't find anything about it anywhere. Any one here tried doing it with fizzy tabs? Is this a potential bottle bomb? I just think carbonation would take it to the next level (hopefully not the ceiling of course).
I drink my meads still, not carbonated, but, I suppose you could force carbonate with a cO2 setup, If you had one. As far as bottle bombs go, I can not answer that. Sorry.

The yeast is at it's alcohol tolerance with this recipe so it wouldn't carbonate with any additional sugar. You can add other yeast but this would possibly create bottle bombs as it would ferment the residual sugars as well as the carbonation sugar, or you can force carbonate with a co2 setup.

Back