carbonating & bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Three basic methods. 1) force carb in the brite tank. 2) bottle carb with yeast 3) capture CO2 towards the end of active ferment with a pressure relief valve on the blow-off.

I have some high gravity beer in bottles with 8g of dextrose per bottle. Is it a good idea to turn bottles upside down from time to time. Just to make yeast active again.

I have some high gravity beer in bottles with 8g of dextrose per bottle. Is it a good idea to turn bottles upside down from time to time. Just to make yeast active again.

Turning them upside down isn't necessary. Once the sugar is dissolved, the yeast will take care of eating it, no problem.

What size bottles did you use? I normally use less than 5 oz in a 5 gallon batch, and get around 50 bottles. If my math is right, which it may not be at this hour, that's under 3g per 12oz bottle.

My bottles are 0.5L thats a bit more than 12oz. Beersmith said 8g per liter. Ao that is 4g per 0.5L which is ok by your math. It is high gravity beer. 7.3ABV so it will take some time.

Latest posts

Back