Carbonated unfinished fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deluna

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I made a big mistake on an IPA I brewed a month ago and forced carbonated it too early as it was not done fermenting.

Can I still save this beer? Or will adding more yeast not do anything at this point?

A lot missing from your post . How did you know it wasn't done fermenting? Just curious if you knew it wasn't done fermenting what was the purpose of packaging it . I guessing its in a keg .

Sorry yeah it's still sweet and it looks like based off of what other brewers mention S04 is known to stall at 1.020 that's what it was last time I checked it. I currently do have it in a keg and seems sticky as well, so I figured it must have not finished. Tastes a bit maltier than expected as well. I was trying to hurry up and keg it to make room for other beers that also need to ferment. It was doing the Dead Ringer 2 gallon kit from NB.

Yeah , 1.020 I would say wasn't done . Not sure what would happen if you pulled it out and let it warm up or even pitch more yeast . If it doesn't taste good you have nothing to lose trying . Use it as a reminder to let stuff fully ferment out .

Yeah , 1.020 I would say wasn't done . Not sure what would happen if you pulled it out and let it warm up or even pitch more yeast . If it doesn't taste good you have nothing to lose trying . Use it as a reminder to let stuff fully ferment out .

Thanks! Yeah might as well try. It's not too bad, but I guess it would be another learning experience trying it. This was just dry yeast, but I got a stir plate and flasks so I'll make sure to just do starters from now on and check it completely. Cheers!

Back