carbonate beer bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie1980

Reaction score
hi i am soon going to be bottling my beer, i have enough carbonation drops for approx 20 bottles. so i am going to add sugar direct into my other bottles, my question is how much and what sugar do i need to add to 568 ml bottles, i am brewing lager, thanks

Adding sugar directly to your bottles is generally not a great way to do it. Instead, consider skipping the carbonation drops and using a bottling bucket.

Use one of the calculators to figure out how much sugar you need, then boil it in a small amount of water. Transfer your beer to your bottling bucket with the sugar water. Make sure it is thoroughly mixed (though try to avoid aerating the beer), and dispense directly into bottles.

+1 on adding priming sugar to water and using it in the bottling bucket. Using carb tabs would cause me to quite brewing. way too much unnecessary work for me.

I found a priming nomograph online it works fine.

Back