Carbing problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjackel53

Reaction score
So I bottled a saison about 2 weeks ago and it's still not carbed. I put the priming sugar in and everything went just how I usually bottle. This is the first time it has ever happened. Bottles are conditioning just like my others do. I'm stumped! Any one got some suggestions? Thanks!

Any hiss at all when you open one?
Wait longer, put them in a warmer, 70-75 degree room, and see what happens in a couple of weeks before worrying. Beers can take longer than expected to carbonate. Bigger beers take longer, generally.

There is a touch of hissing when I opened one. It's about an 8.6 percent. I will be more patient..!

So it is carbonating, just slowly.
Patience will pay off.
Check some of the threads at the bottom of the page for more information on similar problems.
You could also try to shake the bottles up once in a while to keep yeast suspended and in contact with sugar to ferment for carbonation.

Put it in a warmer room or closet and do not touch it for a couple more weeks. The higher the abv the longer it will take to carb. It can take 30 days or more depending on temp and amount of yeast in suspension when you bottled it.

Back