carbing and storing a keg.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmy7649

Reaction score
So can i just fill the keg with beer then throw like 30psi of co2 on it then diconect from tank then vold store. And will it be carbed when ready to drink. Or do i have to kerp it hooked to the co2 bottle. Just trying to figure it so i can force carb and not have to leave it on a bottle.

You can definitely store it that way, but it won't be carbed when you go to tap it. It will still need to sit with the tank on for a while to carbonate.

If you want, you can let it sit and carbonate then store it.

You need to keep it cold for at least 48 hours at 30# CO2 pressure before disconnecting, then it will be carbed for later.

Awesome you guys answered my questions. How do brewerys do it. Can't imagine they keep all there kegs on gas before they store it.

timmy7649 said:
Awesome you guys answered my questions. How do brewerys do it. Can't imagine they keep all there kegs on gas before they store it.

I think many will put the keg on a machine that shakes it or sloshes it back and forth to speed up carbonation.

Sent from my FroyoEris using Home Brew Talk

Gfei said:
I think many will put the keg on a machine that shakes it or sloshes it back and forth to speed up carbonation.

Sent from my FroyoEris using Home Brew Talk

Oh that makes sence! Lol

Latest posts

Back