Carbing and PSI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
Ok, i read somewhere that when you pressurize in a fridge, that your output psi should be set a little lower than normal.. (ie 9psi rather than 10-12)

am i right?

also.. i have set my keg on that 9psi for about 5 days now, should it be good to go? how do you tell? if i hook up my tower, and it is not good to go, can i just let it set for another couple of days and it will be ok?

thanks..

No, you still set it where you want to set it as far as psi is concerned, your tank just 'loses' some psi when it's cooler.

is there anyway that i can tell its carbed, and if i drink it and it isnt... can i just let it sit for a few more days?

yup. You're kegger is a closed system, even with the ball lock attached to your keg. It won't be leaking pressure and should keep carbing just fine!

aekdbbop said:
is there anyway that i can tell its carbed, and if i drink it and it isnt... can i just let it sit for a few more days?

Just drawing some is the only way to tell as far as I know. If you let it sit at the right pressure for a week, it's gonna be done. If it doesn't have enough at that point, turn it up a couple of pounds. In another day or two, you should be at the new level.

Back