Carb drop problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snipe99

Reaction score
Hopefully this is the right place to post this. About 2 weeks ago I used the carb drops for the first time in my stout. I cracked toe of them open tonight and it seems that there is not carbonation at all? Any one else have issues like this or any ideas on what I can do? BTW the beer tasted absolutely fantastic.

What temperature were they stored at?

And what do you mean no carbonation at all? Was pressure released when you popped the caps? Did the beer pour with head but flat afterwards?

Temp was around 70-75 degrees. No pressure when I popped the cap, no head on the beer.

If the yeast consumed the drops, it must produce CO2. Perhaps your caps are leaking? I remember a test in which you place a full, capped bottle upside down in a glass. Check for leaks after 24 hours. I would think that the beer would taste sweet if the yeast did not consume the drops.

It is a desert stout so I was kinda expecting a little bit sweet. I’ll give that test a try.

That’s what I am hoping here. I am going to wait another week and give it another try

It must have been the caps. I tired a bottle with a different cap and
IMG_5018.JPG

Latest posts

Back