Caramel apple cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubLock

Reaction score
So I'm curious, this will be my second batch of hard apple cider. This time around I want to make a caramel apple cider with hints of cinnamon. Now I've noticed that pretty much all caramel sauces contain dairy. Is that an issue for the cider? Can I ferment my cider with the added caramel, or should that be added at the end when I'm transferring it to my keg? Any input or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jeremy

Make your own!!! The below recipe is from Upstate Mike's Caramel Hard Cider thread...

Recipe for Caramel Syrup: (Make about 24 hours before bottling)
2 cups of water
2 cups of light brown sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon, OR 1/2 tsp liquid cinnamon extract
Combine in a saucepan and bring to a low boil. At boil, reduce heat to Low and simmer for about 5 minutes. (EDIT: Removed "Reduce by half". This may have been making the syrup too thick to properly mix) Let cool & bottle for future use.

Fossey said:
Make your own!!! The below recipe is from Upstate Mike's Caramel Hard Cider thread...

Recipe for Caramel Syrup: (Make about 24 hours before bottling)
2 cups of water
2 cups of light brown sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon, OR 1/2 tsp liquid cinnamon extract
Combine in a saucepan and bring to a low boil. At boil, reduce heat to Low and simmer for about 5 minutes. (EDIT: Removed "Reduce by half". This may have been making the syrup too thick to properly mix) Let cool & bottle for future use.

Great recipe

When do you add this into your mixture then? with your fermenting apples or near the end of the fermentation?

Back