Caps needed for a project.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jekeane

Reaction score
Hey all, I am working on a epoxy bar top for my beer cave and am in need of relatively straight caps. If you have a collection of them lying about you don't need let me know. I'm currently 684 out of 1634 needed... I can pay shipping etc... The more variety the better. I have an embarrassing amount of Michelob Ultra and Blue moon caps that I would like to replace.

Cool project... you could get some personalized caps with your "brewery" name on them to add something unique and or spray paint some of those abundant caps to add some interesting color.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Home Brew mobile app

One thing you might want to do (which I did) is put a root beer bottle cap somewhere in your bar top... makes a great little game for the drunks
1392342426656.jpg
My BMC days^

I was in the same situation you were in a couple years ago. Thankfully a couple members sent me some caps. I'd be happy to pay it forward if you PM me your address. I have quite a few, and no BMC, worst I have are a few Heiny's and a couple Blue Moons. . :fro:

IMAG0284_zps9d4c1872.jpg

I love the root beer cap idea. And I never thought about painting some that is a great idea too. Something to so while I wait for more caps. On a side note it would take 316 days to gather the caps assuming an avg of 3 beers consumed a day!

I'm currently doing same thing for a coffee table of mine. And idea to ya, that I'm doin for mine, make everyone a different cap, gives ya an opportunity to try different beers, can be different ones from same company) I'm currently up to 70. Takes more time but I think it will look nice. And to the one who said root beer cap that's a good idea, I might do that, but with my fav ginger ale "cock and bull"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/251501380239?lpid=82

For those collecting caps this is a great bottle opener. It takes the cap off without bending or crimping the cap.

jekeane - I have about 18 saved at the moment (You are down to 310 days!). Not a lot but you are welcome to them and I'll keep sending them until you reached your limit. I tend to buy individual bottles to try different beers so I usually have a pretty good variety. Just PM your address.

In addition to the root beer cap, it would be neat to have a bottle cap from all 50 states.

I'd love to do something similar down the line so I've been collecting caps for at least 4 or 5 months. PM your address and I can send any duplicates I have your way.

Cheers!

Hey jekeane my buddy just gave me a tin of a bunch of caps if you want em, they're mostly coors and Budweiser , I think some mikes hard in there, if you want em pm me probably around 50-60 caps?

Man, too bad you weren't into this a while ago...when I was TDY to turkey we had a bunch of caps that we kept. We made a tent sign out of it and still had about half a paper bag full of caps. We didn't start saving the bottle caps for quite a long time. Maybe you could talk to the bars in your area to save them for you?

I have a ridiculous amount of caps. I swear I'm going to do something with them one of these days. Even though I've been through three major moves I won't dare toss them out. If I had any kind of talent I'd design a mosaic of the "Birth of Venus" rising out of the sea, but instead of being on a clam shell, she'd be maybe on a pint glass......sigh! One of these days.

Back