Can't stand "LIFE" cereal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixhotdogneck

Reaction score
Some of the nastiest stuff every made and this is coming from a guy who can stomach pretty much every other food known to man. I tried it again today because it was on special. For some reason it tastes weird and my body has a wretched reaction to it (literally puking/nausea). The rest of the box went in the garbage. Nasty, Nasty stuff.

You've been warned.

One word: Grape Nuts

Though I regard them as self-inflicted punishment, I am able to eat them without vomiting.

That gross, nasty lingering uncooked starch taste and smell of "LIFE" cereal though... BLLLLLEEECKKKK, nasty. Never again will I try that raw, heavy unmistakable grossness that is "LIFE" cereal.

Hopefully I've said "LIFE" cereal enough to enable this post to be found via internet search engines.

I must admit as a kid there were other kids whose parents had brainwashed them into "liking" life cereal and I was always suspicious of them. Literally any other cereal is better.

I love cinnamon Life.

I sometimes buy it just to snack on dry. It usually disappears at my house before I get more than 1 bowl. Others like it too. Can't remember the last time I had the original flavor though.

death_cereal_by_friend_of_foamy.jpeg

Can't say that I want to try the cinnamon version after that wretched abomination I had this morning called "LIFE" cereal.

Hopefully my angst disappears before bedtime lest I have nightmares about it.

To those who ingest the normal version I award thee a medal of valor. This medal represent bravery beyond the call of duty.

I love Life. The first crunchy sweet moments, followed by the mush that is still....sweet, and sweetens up the prodigious amount of milk I put in with any cereal.

Among the garbage cereals my wife won't buy, Life is aces. Don't get me started on any multicolored cereal, or cereal with textural goodies that give your teeth a sugar kill.

original-spoon-horizontal.png

As a kid I always liked Kellogg's All-Bran (both the unsweetened sticks an the sweeter 0 shapes), but I was a weird kid. My all time favorite was the 1980's star wars cereal; I can still remember the taste. Kix, on the other hand, is the most wretched thing ever marketed towards children. Like animal feed with a peculiar orange color, and flavor was like chewing a multi-vitamin..

Plain Life I never tried but Cinnamon Life is awesome.

Kix is good. Cheerios give me weird tasting burps. The marshmallow candies in those marshmallow candy cereals feel on my teeth like pulling the "cotton" out of pill bottles feels on my whole body /shiver.

I thought generic puffed rice cereal with sugar, cinnamon, and honey was good for a while.

Tastes like dog food.
Yeah, when I was little I ate some of the doggie's food and the cereal tasted exactly the same.

Not quite dog food, but you definitely want to add a banana, blueberries or some other fresh fruit.

They’re quite loud when you chew them which helps drown out the nonsense going on around you at breakfast.

Life cereal sucks. As was previously pointed out, cinnamon life doesn't suck as bad.

IMHO the best is a 1/3-1/3-1/3 blend of corn, wheat and rice Chex.... mixed with butter, peanuts, pretzels, worcestershire, garlic powder and onion powder and then baked to crispy perfection. Give me a bowl of that any day and i'll show you what moderation doesn't look like.

One word: Grape Nuts
Tried it once, sounded like BBs in the bowl, poured milk in the bowl then put the milk away. In those couple seconds to put the milk away it turned to mush.

Funny enough I actually liked and ate grapenut flakes, they did not turn to mush so fast.

I think I used to eat LIFE as a kid but I don't recall the flavor.

The key to eating those healthy cereals is enough sugar that you can write your name in the undissolved sugar in the bottom of the cereal bowl when the cereal is gone.

Had some this morning. Raisins. A gallon and a half of milk. OHHHHHHH YYYYYeah.

Come to think of it, maybe it was the gallon and a half of milk.:ban:

(Regarding Grape Nuts):

Tastes like dog food.
Yeah, when I was little I ate some of the doggie's food and the cereal tasted exactly the same.

I like Grape Nuts a lot. Taste MALTY. In fact, the one and only time I ever used breakfast cereal in a homebrew was with Grape Nuts, and it turned out very good indeed. It was a pale ale, and had the thickest, creamiest head I've ever seen in my life. Good stuff.

Back