Can't get turkey fryer to start!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman42

Reaction score
I just bought a Brinkmann turkey fryer from Home Depot and I can't get it to start. This is my first experience with a turkey fryer so I'm a bit stumped. I turn on the cylinder, and then the control valve. When I press the red button I hear a burst of gas, but then nothing. I expected to hear the gas coming out, but maybe 5psi is too low to hear? Any ideas?

thanks,
kman

Some cylinders have an automatic surge shutoff. Shut the valve off at the tank, shut the control valve. Open the tank valve a little, open the control valve a little while pushing the button.

Thanks for the replies. Turns out the control valve goes clockwise and the cylinder goes counterclockwise. Maybe I'm nit smart enough to use explosive gases :)

now it's all fired up. There was some initial smoke, but it has stopped. Must have been some residue on pot or burner.

Thanks for the replies. Turns out the control valve goes clockwise and the cylinder goes counterclockwise. Maybe I'm nit smart enough to use explosive gases :)

now it's all fired up. There was some initial smoke, but it has stopped. Must have been some residue on pot or burner.

Initial smoke is usually the paint burning off of the burner stand. Some are worse than others.

Back